• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Shadowknight Pets (1 Viewer)

RedCents
270¢
I was having the hardest time finding a legitimate breakdown of what classes and levels our SK pets actually are per spell level. Especially after all the changes. So using the magic of advanced information from MQ... decided to make my own list. The beginning levels we have all Warriors, but it switches up later on to Ranger. Hoping that in perpetuity people find some use in knowing why their SK pet is squishy. I didn't start getting Rk2 spells until after 100 heroic so the data will be slightly off on those. I was mainly curious about what classes each spell was providing. Spells were cast by 125 SK.

Spell NameSpell LevelRank of SpellAprox. Pet LevelPet Class
Leering Corpse7Rk15Warrior
Bone Walk14Rk19Warrior
Convoke Shadow22Rk111Warrior
Restless Bones30Rk116Warrior
Animate Dead38Rk119Warrior
Summon Dead46Rk125Warrior
Malignant Dead52Rk133Warrior
Cackling Bones58Rk137Warrior
Invoke Death64Rk141Warrior
Son of Decay68Rk160Warrior
Shambling Minion73Rk165Warrior
Maladroit Minion78Rk170Warrior
Minion of Sebilis83Rk175Warrior
Minion of Fear88Rk180Ranger
Minion of Sholoth93Rk185Ranger
Minion of Grelleth98Rk190Ranger
Minion of Vizat103Rk295Ranger
Minion of T'Vem108Rk2110Ranger
Minion of Drendar113Rk2113Ranger
Minion of Itzal118Rk2118Ranger
Minion of Fandrel123Rk2123Ranger

WOW! Very useful info. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Question: Do the RNG versions cast any RNG spells?

Edit: I've exhausted my limit of dropping red cents at the time of reading this, but as soon as I'm able, I'll cent you up.

No, they don't cast any spells. I'm guessing the switch to ranger coincided with either a dps boost they wanted, or to balance with the Fury and Durability AAs. Could've been a nerf I suppose if sk pets were too tanky. I didn't start an sk until EoK so I don't know the history. I'm cursed to always be just behind the trends.. back in the day I made an sk and a zerker years apart to try out swarming and both were just shy of doing it when they got nerfed :( but I digress. A longtime sk main friend of mine always stood by his stance on SK pets being little more than lesser DoTs. I know some SKs use them as speedbumps/offtanks/pet pulling/etc, but I rarely bother with that.

No, they don't cast any spells. I'm guessing the switch to ranger coincided with either a dps boost they wanted, or to balance with the Fury and Durability AAs. Could've been a nerf I suppose if sk pets were too tanky. I didn't start an sk until EoK so I don't know the history. I'm cursed to always be just behind the trends.. back in the day I made an sk and a zerker years apart to try out swarming and both were just shy of doing it when they got nerfed :( but I digress. A longtime sk main friend of mine always stood by his stance on SK pets being little more than lesser DoTs. I know some SKs use them as speedbumps/offtanks/pet pulling/etc, but I rarely bother with that.
Interesting. Thanks.

Too bad about the lack of spells. I think most people would rather the pet be a WAR in that case. I was hoping maybe they'd cast a DD, or perhaps one of the RNG self-only weapon procs or something like that.

I run two cleric mercs if i am doing current stuff so i generally set my pet to taunt and just use 2h offensive stuff to increase DPS. Named or missions i will take over with 1h Defensive stance dropping pet taunt. The real boon is 108 when we actually get a decent pet.

Discussion - Shadowknight Pets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back