• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - silver zerk vs j5 melee (1 Viewer)

RedCents
463¢
i can't decide if its worth knocking out the j5 for a zerker, have looked it up a few times and just find old rabbit holes. currently playing shm sk bst chanter cleric j5 stab

leaning to a zerker i had one already somewhat close to my current group levels so wouldnt have to do anything to make him groupable. I just wasnt sure how much of a difference a silver with auto grant would make vs a rogue merc.

To be honest, I'm having a hard time thinking of a case where a merc would be better than even a silver/f2p toon as long as it had been krono'd within the last 2-3 expansions. At least past like level 65ish

Feel like this is a meme. Real Toon > Merc 100% of the time.
@ChatWithThisName ...

Depends, if he's going for stealth...might make sense to use melee or casting mercs.
EX: Tank Puller, Enc, Mage, Cleric...two rogues or two wizard mercs.

That might draw less attention (from regular uneducated player) if it's just a tank pulling to group or on follow vs. 2-3 melees perfectly choreographing death and rubber banding to camp spot or in perfect follow unison.
I'll be the first to say that won't fool a GM or someone that knows what to look for in automation...but someone flying by your team...might not look too closely at that (unless they stare for long)...

Season 1 Showtime GIF by Dexter

Tonight's the night...

Question - silver zerk vs j5 melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back