• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Slow turning, slow to assist on pull using KA (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
Couldn't find a post on this subject so I am asking. I use 6-9 toons during boxing. It kills the mobs much faster, so faster kills gets me more kills in the same time period. My problem is that some of my melee toons (rogue and zerker mainly) are slow to assist the main tank/puller even though they are set to engage/assist at 99%. They stand there doing nothing, then turn slowly and finally assist. Even their dps is lacking. Any ideas on how to make them turn quicker and attack faster during these pulls?

upgrade your CPU, add more cores for processing macro code and eq client code. The slow response is likely due to time sharing on the CPU. Try reducing the amount of text (set the show filters in the options to hide) on your clients and see if this improves. Also, reduce their graphics settings and view distance if you haven't already.

To stop the 5000x Speed bug:

right click start bar, or hit CTL-ALT-DEL and go to task manager. (Start Task Manager)
Click the tab "Processes"
Sort by name or memory usage, or just scroll and find EQGAME.exe (might have *32 next to the name)
Right click on eqgame.exe and select "Set Affinity"
Uncheck all but one of the CPU's. (Don't use the same CPU for every client, spread the love)
Hit OK
Close task manager and resume playing EQ.

This works best if you do it at the server select screen.

*I usually avoid using CPU 0, and leave that for windows & MQ2 processing.

** There is a way to set each client to use a different CPU core, if you have multiple install directories, but I'm not getting into that mess. I prefer to set them on the fly anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I must stress that you cut out as much text spam on all your clients as possible. There is a good deal of CPU time spent on that useless spam that is better served chewing through lines of macro code! ;)

go into your eqclient.ini and do

CPUAffinity1=-1

and go through all the numbers for how many boxes you have and do -1 that will let it utilize all the cores you have instead of a single one

its similar to what drive stated except his needs to be done every single time you log in, where as this is done once and forget about it. Now if you add more boxes you will need to go up in numbers like CPUAffinity12=-1, I am currently up to 22 I believe or so.. havent had a problem yet.

go into your eqclient.ini and do

CPUAffinity1=-1

and go through all the numbers for how many boxes you have and do -1 that will let it utilize all the cores you have instead of a single one

its similar to what drive stated except his needs to be done every single time you log in, where as this is done once and forget about it. Now if you add more boxes you will need to go up in numbers like CPUAffinity12=-1, I am currently up to 22 I believe or so.. havent had a problem yet.

The problem with your method is that windows will attempt to spread the load across the CPU cores. EQ does not like multithreading, and often exhibits problems related to timing such as: Running too fast, fast cast, fast mem, etc. These problems will cause the server to disconnect you, and can get you reported for "hacking".

The other problem is that windows by default spreads the load over separate cores, and can leave each CPU core fairly tied up. Manually assigning the cores gives you the ability to leave a core open for windows and MQ2 to do their required processing without having to go into a wait state for CPU time. EQ can easily run two clients on 1 core, and it forces a hard cap on the amount of CPU each client can use at any given time. Allowing auto distribution of the core usage can lead to one client chewing up nearly 100% CPU on all cores when logging in (due to a login loop bug in the client).

Now all that said, you can assign cores through the method you described so that each client always uses the same core. I don't remember how right off hand, but if needed I can find the information again.

the only time i have ever seen that happen on any of my machines after doing this was when I overclocked the baseclock over the default value, from 100% to 125% but that was along time ago... it doesnt seem to still do that now..

also I am running 18 accounts on 1 pc, so leaving it to tie up 1 core for each one maxes out that core, this lets my processor run at around 50% as a whole, not tying up a single one at 100%... when I wouldnt assign them to use all cores I would get a bluescreen of death because of it.

but then again, I am running 18 accounts on 1 PC, after I set it to utilize all cores for each instance I could leave it run for days and not have an issue, not assigning it at all it would run for an hour tops....

Question - Slow turning, slow to assist on pull using KA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back