• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - So, where is everyone hanging out? (1 Viewer)

Skygod47

RedCents
637¢
I have just returned to EQ after a few years lol 15 years to be exact! I have lots of old toons that i managed to get the lovely people at Daybreak to recover for me.
Two accounts with 5 toons on each average level 60 ish, happy to find a guild and play these solo to raid etc.
My question is, where is the best FTP server atm? My old characters are on Antonius Bayle and it seems to be fairly dead (at least in the starting zones so far. Is there a more popular server to start boxing on? can you give any recommendations please?
I have You tubed to death Boxing and of course used the guides here and i am loving the setting up phase! I have managed to get a full team up and auto logging (Warrior, Bard, Cleric and main is bezerker) is that ok?
Also i do not have Vanilla yet as i am poor lol but can earn it here so that's cool and an awesome function, kudo's to Redguides for that! any recommendations on macro's till i can utilise kissassist?
Thank you in advance guys and glad to be part of an EQ community, its been awhile :)

Firiona Vie is the place to be. Large population and just about everything is tradeable. I started here a few days ago. Been fun.

I asked about a six box and got a lot of different answers. It seem to be you play what you want to play first but I'm sure some of the more veteran players will chime in.

When you do get level 2, you may want to give a look to RG Mercs (the Lua version). It got my team up and running out-of-the-box. Didn't have to do any configuring to start pulling and holding a camp.

Have fun! Kissassist is legit, rgmercs will get you up there but kind of drops off after awhile. I don't know about fv. From what I've read ftp until 85 to 90 then find a way to sub at least your tank to get the AAs. Ftp drops off around 110. Levels go fast now but slow waaaaaay down at 110. Defiant gear is legit but look into either the eok or tbm gear once you hit 70/75(augs). I prefer the tbm method, seems less complicated but defiant stops being a thing around this level.

You're gonna have a lot of reading to do, this game has changed drastically. Progression is key and I, personally, really hate that.

Cheers guys, I think I may have made a mistake loading the MQ2, the guide I was watching said use BARE install but I think it assumed I was on vanilla and so had some additional functionality? I will reinstall with the recommended settings lol here we go again!!
Am i right in thinking if i get 50 red cents i get level two for a month?

Cheers guys, I think I may have made a mistake loading the MQ2, the guide I was watching said use BARE install but I think it assumed I was on vanilla and so had some additional functionality? I will reinstall with the recommended settings lol here we go again!!
Am i right in thinking if i get 50 red cents i get level two for a month?
I purchased you a month of it so you should be level 2 and have access to all the fun things.

Firiona Vie is the place to be. Large population and just about everything is tradeable. I started here a few days ago. Been fun.

I asked about a six box and got a lot of different answers. It seem to be you play what you want to play first but I'm sure some of the more veteran players will chime in.

When you do get level 2, you may want to give a look to RG Mercs (the Lua version). It got my team up and running out-of-the-box. Didn't have to do any configuring to start pulling and holding a camp.

For sake of completeness: there has been a comprehensive suspension/banwave centered on FV recently. Whatever you do, please try to not be super obvious about your MQ usage (applies everywhere, but the general feeling was until -some weeks that on FV, anything goes).

For sake of completeness: there has been a comprehensive suspension/banwave centered on FV recently. Whatever you do, please try to not be super obvious about your MQ usage (applies everywhere, but the general feeling was until -some weeks that on FV, anything goes).
Got you, thank you. Built my test group on antonius for now and will move over when i get them to do as i tell them lol. Honestly, so far the setup has been the best part :)

I have just returned to EQ after a few years lol 15 years to be exact! I have lots of old toons that i managed to get the lovely people at Daybreak to recover for me.
Two accounts with 5 toons on each average level 60 ish, happy to find a guild and play these solo to raid etc.
My question is, where is the best FTP server atm? My old characters are on Antonius Bayle and it seems to be fairly dead (at least in the starting zones so far. Is there a more popular server to start boxing on? can you give any recommendations please?
I have You tubed to death Boxing and of course used the guides here and i am loving the setting up phase! I have managed to get a full team up and auto logging (Warrior, Bard, Cleric and main is bezerker) is that ok?
Also i do not have Vanilla yet as i am poor lol but can earn it here so that's cool and an awesome function, kudo's to Redguides for that! any recommendations on macro's till i can utilise kissassist?
Thank you in advance guys and glad to be part of an EQ community, its been awhile :)
Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome to RG and welcome back to EQ Skygod! The huge break seems very common for many of us, including myself.

It sounds like you're getting your team setup pretty fast and already getting the hang of it. Below are some links you may want to check out once you get comfortable with your crew;

Overseer Lua, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.
Awesome thank you! Yes i am getting there but there seems to be a serious lag between my crew catching up with me using chase?
I remember being so anti-box back in the day lol ironic it is what brings me back lol So much to learn, not even looked at how to crowd control/split healing who to pull with lol and so on!

Awesome thank you! Yes i am getting there but there seems to be a serious lag between my crew catching up with me using chase?
I remember being so anti-box back in the day lol ironic it is what brings me back lol So much to learn, not even looked at how to crowd control/split healing who to pull with lol and so on!
Need to watch the setup for CPU limiting to fix background FPS. Hunt down Sic's profile and watch his guides.

Silverspaceman is right. Utilize framelimiter on all toons except the tank/driver.

I used to main a wiz when I started but quickly switched to the driver, SK. Much easier to drive with the tank.

Silverspaceman is right. Utilize framelimiter on all toons except the tank/driver.

I used to main a wiz when I started but quickly switched to the driver, SK. Much easier to drive with the tank.
There is a bug out with MQ (core) and CPU utilization, Dannuic said he pushed a fixed, havent seen it make its way to RG yet.

There is a bug out with MQ (core) and CPU utilization, Dannuic said he pushed a fixed, havent seen it make its way to RG yet.
I saw that and I think Dannuic just pushed a fix for it.

Kinda sounded more like a FPS issue with the chase, but who knows =)

IRL - So, where is everyone hanging out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back