• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Speed Hack? Dangerous? (1 Viewer)

Dethryn

RedCents
60¢
So my computer allows me to log on everquest with macroquest on from previous use.

I load the patcher, and hit play, and log on my 4 accounts with one computer. One character out of the 4 characters I'm logging on to, occasionally ends up getting really fast haste/speed (They move fast, they cast fast <even tho it finishes the cast timer quickly, the spell still doesn't cast until the actual correct time passes, even tho the timer you see ends quicker> however you still are able to use your run speed to get around fast.

I've used this a few times for running around, or haven't noticed and have let al my chars bot somewhere with that on one of the chars, which doesn't effect much at all from what I can gather other then running around like at bard speeds

I'm asking if:

1] Is it dangerous?
2] Can you get banned for this?

3] Also, this is off topic - since when you die your chars log off (Camp at death) and it doesn't help the resurrection timer stop (you have to be logged off then game completely at server select screen or have /exited the game and closed it completely for your res timer to stop ticking, this is verified twice over - sitting at char select screen DOES effect your res timer, and if you sit there for 3 hours, your screwed) how can you change the camp after death to /exit then game instead of camping?
4] will this bug be fixed in future updates/ Its a simple update which requires nothing but /camp to be /exit and it would fix the problem
5] why does then character /camp after death without giving it the 10 or 15 minute wait time for your group to fight out of the camp and if they should survive, actually res you, or this would require 5-8 mins for fight to end, maybe even additional 5 mins for your revive mercenary hat died in battle which may be an active cleric,to then finally res you at 12-14 mins, so 15-20 mins beore camping after death would be wise. but in my experience, as soon as they die, they /camp without even waiting 5 mins :( Is this normal? How do you fix or change the wait period time?

Thanks

There isn't a speed hack in the compile here, in fact, there are no active hacks in RG's compile. But here are some answers:

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No idea what you're talking about. If you're referring to a setting in KA, I don't use that setting. In fact, I've lost a few corpses due to deaths, but I get the xp back pretty easily. My advice to you would be to find that part of whatever macro you're using and change it from /camp to /exit and let us know how well it works.

You can make that change yourself in KA. Turn bit off in the INI or change camp to exit in the mac. There was a previous thread about camping vs quitting. Personally, I use the campfire and try to recover first. If we screw that up, then of course we all /quit

Question - Speed Hack? Dangerous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back