• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Stupid - Squandered (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,480¢
All that waiting, anticipation and then the bonus xp comes and I do just about everything but play EverQuest. Even built a new computer. I don't know, it just felt like such a chore after all the waiting. Now that it's gone I miss it and I'm kicking myself for all the AAs I should of been grinding that now feel like a slog.

Anyone else struggle with this? Lol. Well, here's to the 4th of July.

All that waiting, anticipation and then the bonus xp comes and I do just about everything but play EverQuest. Even built a new computer. I don't know, it just felt like such a chore after all the waiting. Now that it's gone I miss it and I'm kicking myself for all the AAs I should of been grinding that now feel like a slog.

lol, yes, all the time! Especially on Holiday bonus time. Tons of stuff even my main group has never finished from anniversary stuff, let alone alts that could use some help up.

Yep, it seems the minute I see the bonus messages I decide to do tradeskills or real life stuff.

Same with Marketplace sales - I put it off till the last minute and then miss them all

I even made lists of items I wanted to buy L(

Mq2Grind will make you forget about missing out on xp bonus

Nah...game will still be there. Time with family, friends, fun away from EQ will always make EQ more enjoyable in the long run.

"There is no rush to EQ once you can MQ2..." ~An_image

i do this with anny stuff every year lol

I used to do exactly the reverse. I would overutilize it, and I'd get burnt out. That was back when I was boxing by hand, though.

I don't worry about it much with MQ. I can always get caught back up with relatively little effort on my part. Find a place I can safely let auto-pull do its thing and toss it up on the second monitor so I can keep an eye on it and while I play BTD6 for 9 hours. (Or not waste my life... yeah, that one)

I used to do exactly the reverse. I would overutilize it, and I'd get burnt out. That was back when I was boxing by hand, though.

I don't worry about it much with MQ. I can always get caught back up with relatively little effort on my part. Find a place I can safely let auto-pull do its thing and toss it up on the second monitor so I can keep an eye on it and while I play BTD6 for 9 hours. (Or not waste my life... yeah, that one)
Oh no! Noooo. I built my room mates computer a few weeks ago and it's high endish and then every time I walk by he's playing that game and I'm like whhhhhyyyy.

FOMO and then regret. Every single special event. The anxiety of missing stuff and events (which I usually end up missing anyways) mentally burns me out from EQ and then I end up stop playing it, even though I was enjoying before the event. This Anniversary Tower stuff has been like whip lash.

FOMO and then regret. Every single special event. The anxiety of missing stuff and events (which I usually end up missing anyways) mentally burns me out from EQ and then I end up stop playing it, even though I was enjoying before the event. This Anniversary Tower stuff has been like whip lash.
It's no joke. Like seeing how many AA I needed to grind on the last day of the xp bonus was daunting and now that it's gone part of me is like.. just let the accounts lapse.. go play something else. This is going to sound stupid but I knew AA were important but I thought they were like back burner important. Then I was looking at what people did on here for 115-120 and Sic told some one how it's stupid to get 120 before getting the AA cause their damage is going to be dog shit, So maybe I should get some AAs? by this point everyone is 116 to 117 and a bunch new AA have opened and it has massively improved my crew.. anyway that was a bit off topic but not, because that's part of the overwhelming shit that I go through in this game especially when there are time constraints.. I gotta do this, I gotta do that, that and that and then some more of that and fuck I only have a few days! Then I just end up not doing anything at all lol.

It's no joke. Like seeing how many AA I needed to grind on the last day of the xp bonus was daunting and now that it's gone part of me is like.. just let the accounts lapse.. go play something else. This is going to sound stupid but I knew AA were important but I thought they were like back burner important. Then I was looking at what people did on here for 115-120 and Sic told some one how it's stupid to get 120 before getting the AA cause their damage is going to be dog shit, So maybe I should get some AAs? by this point everyone is 116 to 117 and a bunch new AA have opened and it has massively improved my crew.. anyway that was a bit off topic but not, because that's part of the overwhelming shit that I go through in this game especially when there are time constraints.. I gotta do this, I gotta do that, that and that and then some more of that and fuck I only have a few days! Then I just end up not doing anything at all lol.
AA make a big difference yes, but AA are easy to get.. remember we play RG EQ, not EQ...if you have MQ2Grind its cake. If not, its still cake just not as easy as Grind. Find a dungeon in the level range down a few levels from your guys where the xp is still good or an instance.. go nuts. Go for AA xp, and you'll fly through them, use MQ2AAspend. I am with you about the Bonus..but its honestly not worth worrying about the way we play. Have fun, bonus will be back before you know it anyways. Always a new holiday thing.

Don't miss the forest for the trees :D

I like to think there are many different ways to have fun here.

Sometimes it's grinding AA so I have a powerful crew that can stomp through the latest content. When that becomes tedious, I spin up a new crew, get then some ntov weapons and go nuts on old stuff.

When that gets boring, time to do a few hunter swarms to get bags. Then it's off to old xpac progression to get the hero AA.

By then I've got that recent new crew up to 65 so maybe it's a few runs through potime for fun and gear. Then go ham with more old content.

Eventually I wish I had another monk so I go make four frog monks and it's back to ntov :D

Maybe a couple of those newer alts are kinda fun so I give them a month sub and away we go on the AA train...

I may or may not of listened/watched sics video on mq2grind at work after oldman66 posted it.. I may.. or may not of purchased it as soon as I got home.. I may or may not be running it right now. now I regret not doing this when there was bonus exp... more regerts. lol.

The bonus for me was more about the 'Bonus' named, to get hunter done. XP - either leveling or AA's happens pretty quickly these days.

Overseer can get you a level every 10 days or so, without leaving the guild hall.

I am in the final few toons of my 50ish toons getting to 125, with 20 of them ONLY getting Paragon XP during an earlier bonus period, and overseer.

I am now hoarding collection items on several toons that have a lot of collections still to do so they can make use of them quickly, when the next level jump happens.
A few toons are at 200+ overseer items aleady, hoping that is closer to 1000 by Dec 2025

The bonus for me was more about the 'Bonus' named, to get hunter done. XP - either leveling or AA's happens pretty quickly these days.

Overseer can get you a level every 10 days or so, without leaving the guild hall.

I am in the final few toons of my 50ish toons getting to 125, with 20 of them ONLY getting Paragon XP during an earlier bonus period, and overseer.

I am now hoarding collection items on several toons that have a lot of collections still to do so they can make use of them quickly, when the next level jump happens.
A few toons are at 200+ overseer items aleady, hoping that is closer to 1000 by Dec.
Is the currency good from the overseer? Ik unclear what it's used for but I see it offered.

Is the currency good from the overseer? Ik unclear what it's used for but I see it offered.
There are 2 rewards via Overseer other than exp/AA/etc

The first one is Tetradrachms. This is the currency (think marks of valor or remnants of tranquility etc) and you can go see the NPC merchant called a mysterious presence in POK outside the top floor of the library for what you can buy. These can also be given to you in a silver box that you click to open

The other reward is a little blue sparkly geode looking thing called "Overseer collection item dispenser fragment.

Right click on the little geodes and it will eat 4 and give you an Overseer Collection Item Dispenser. This looks like a basket of little colored balls.

You use those to eventually purchase a collection item from any expansion up to the last one. Those will be released later this year. Unlike other collection items you get a drop or as a ground spawn, these are not tradeable unless you use an Unattuner. Which is pretty costly. But it can help you fill out the hard to get ones that players are asking 2 mil for in the baz

The special collections for events are not included in this option ie: Tempest Festival, the Tower collections etc.

Completing various collections can earn you a lot of AA. I collect the fragments and when bonus exp hits then I will convert them to finish collections and get extra AA. You can also get trophy's and bags as rewards for final expansion collection completion.

It can take hundreds of dispenser to do full collections and its worse than the old tradeskill mononety to redeem them but if that is your only way of getting some of them then its a great way.

Oh no! Noooo. I built my room mates computer a few weeks ago and it's high endish and then every time I walk by he's playing that game and I'm like whhhhhyyyy.
1717021809695.png
Not trying to thread highjack here, but I'm a third of the way to being an expert according to Malcolm Gladwell!

It is a shockingly deep game.

i do this with anny stuff every year lol
@Sic during anniversary ...

Excited Art GIF by Sherchle

Same here my friend...so many alts...so many clickies and augs to get...had a good run this year...most of my alts got what they needed...excel's looking full

One of the things I like about EQ is that you can never really miss anything. I can take a few months off or a few years off and when I come back everything is pretty much the same.

So I don't really stress about missing XP weekends - there will be more.

Stupid - Squandered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back