• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - stick on /assist? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
Hey guys,

New to MQ2 EQBC and returning player from 20+ years ago.

Question on /assist. When I send /bca //assist (characternamehere), or any version of it i.e. /bca //target (characternamehere) then /bca //assist, my toon/s automatically run to the mob and start meleeing.

How do I turn this off? I want casters to target my target but not chase after them or auto attack.

Also, for some reason my z button simulates this and i didn't bind it to anything.

I don't have mq2melee loaded nor do I have mq2kissassist loaded.

sorry if this is a frequently asked question! searched for a couple hours and couldn't find anything that helped.

I found a command to make my toon stop attacking immediately, and I have found this very useful on raids. I just made 2 hotkeys that I can quickly it. If anyone know a better way, I am open to suggestions. But this is working for me.

To stop attacking
/backoff on

To restart attacking
/backoff off

So, double checked. I did /end and /lua end, nothing was running.

i checked the plugin manager window and confirmed both toons I am testing with have mq2melee unloaded. To be sure i also did /plugin mq2melee unload on both toons.

i am still getting the same behavior. when i click my assist macro to send to the other toons.

z button no longer does anything though.

So, double checked. I did /end and /lua end, nothing was running.

i checked the plugin manager window and confirmed both toons I am testing with have mq2melee unloaded. To be sure i also did /plugin mq2melee unload on both toons.

i am still getting the same behavior. when i click my assist macro to send to the other toons.

z button no longer does anything though.
and mq2afnuke?

don't rely on the plugin manager. unload it with commands

/plugin mq2afnuke unload

I think i figured it out. /stick was persisting between targets.

i did a /stick off to all toons and then hit my assist macro and the cleric didn't move.

Thank you all for the fast replies! Boy that was frustrating haha.

Question - stick on /assist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back