• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Suggestions for Monitors? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
684¢
Pronouns
She/Her
So I've been wanting to replace my three monitors for awhile. Center one is a Samsung 32 inch curved and to the left and right are 27 inch Samsung curved. I have a few things in mind but I wanted to see what others on here use or who many recommend. Budget isn't really a concern. I would like to stay with 32 or 27 for size. and I don't like Ultrawide at all (that's my opinion I have tried one was a nice monitor but not something I was enjoying) I will welcome any and all suggestions though. Thanks and Long Live RedGuides!!

Use rtings and the monitor subreddit to do homework if you haven't, tons of good info. Take some of it with a grain of salt, because like anything, hardcore enthusiasts be cray

Tomshardware.com also has a entire section on monitors. The one item they show well is the contrast (how crisp is white, how dark is black, how much colors bleed), and I found that to be the most helpful (refresh and response time doesnt matter if the edge always glow white).

Use rtings and the monitor subreddit to do homework if you haven't, tons of good info. Take some of it with a grain of salt, because like anything, hardcore enthusiasts be cray
I keep that in mind anytime I ask for suggestions on the internet. and sometimes things get to the point where it becomes a detriment to what the person is looking for.

Tomshardware.com also has a entire section on monitors. The one item they show well is the contrast (how crisp is white, how dark is black, how much colors bleed), and I found that to be the most helpful (refresh and response time doesnt matter if the edge always glow white).
Thats something I forgot to actually think about. Thanks for this!!

I recently got Samsung G7s. if you can support 4k, i think you should run it to give you more space and this is about the best/cheapest 4k option I could find. 240hz just seems excessive for a game like EQ, so i didnt go with the G8 (plus i dont like white) and i have a bad habit of leaving my characters idle, so i went with LED so i dont get screen burn.

get an ultrawide. Once I picked one up, I dont' think I can go back to dual screens ever again. More than enough real estate for everything I do, but things you do may be different. It's especially useful for the clutter that is the modern EQ UI.

An LG C1 TV.

It might sound crazy at first, but an OLED can run 4k resolution @ 120hz and even at 55"+ you still get crisp readable text. I wall mount mine in front of my desk so that I have enough space and it replaces all of the extra monitors with one screen. I use FancyZones to partition it and it's like having 6 monitors in one and a clean empty desk.

If you have the space, budget, and a recent gen gfx card it's a great setup.

An LG C1 TV.

It might sound crazy at first, but an OLED can run 4k resolution @ 120hz and even at 55"+ you still get crisp readable text. I wall mount mine in front of my desk so that I have enough space and it replaces all of the extra monitors with one screen. I use FancyZones to partition it and it's like having 6 monitors in one and a clean empty desk.

If you have the space, budget, and a recent gen gfx card it's a great setup.
Until last year I used a 55" Samsung curved for everything. I switch to two stacked 42" ultrawides and I think I like them better.
The giant screen was nice and I could see it being good for EQ. I just normally have one monitor dedicated to a remote desktop so it makes it easier to keep them mentally seperated.

Tech - Suggestions for Monitors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back