• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - The Fiery Avenger (1 Viewer)

Multichar

RedCents
747¢
Back in the day they told us The Fiery Avenger quest was in game, and nobody had found it yet.

How many of you used to think you could be the one to find it and do things like run against all the walls in Highhold Keep looking for a hidden room, a hidden NPC somewhere?

Or say random things to NPCs hoping to trigger something. I remember being super into the Neriak glyphs/firepots for awhile too after hearing a rumor they were connected.

What kind of things did you try back in the day? Anybody else that started in Kaladim and kept trying to figure out how to 'pick up' all those valuable looking gems in the caves?

It was certainly a world to explore. Not like most MMORPGs that came after which showed you NPC quests with something hovering above their head, or game features that told you exactly where to go next to complete a step in the quest including precise locations on the map.
EQ release was definitely something you had to actually explore, not knowing what's what or where's where.

Anyone remember the hidden banker in Befallen? Legend says there was a banker in there that would trade copper to platinum. Spent some time chasing that ghost.

Are we talking EQ or last weekends date?
Here I was thinking about my first encounter with lockjaw or the hours I spent root dotting the chess board in BB or the spectres in oasis on the island, I used to get lost in EQ, I'd imagine how cool the game was going to be and it had its moments but eventually it all came down to numbers.

It's why I keep holding out hope for pantheon, hoping to relive a lot of those feelings while still having the struggle of eq.

Getting close to the level cap in 2001 ruined a lot of the mystery for me, not being able to do a lot of the end game content because I wasn't in a top tier guild. Verant/Sony became more about numbers and a lot less about the adventure.

It was around that time I started looking for other games, there was a game being made called Dawn (I think) and it promised to be more of what I always wanted eq to be but that eventually got cancelled.

Anyone remember the hidden banker in Befallen? Legend says there was a banker in there that would trade copper to platinum. Spent some time chasing that ghost.

I remember that - I don’t know what exploit it was at the time but everybody was noticing the pp supply seemed to be skyrocketing and then the rumor started going around - ‘Oh some disgruntled dev put a banker in that gives you platinum for copper, 1 to 1, but only he knows how to make it spawn, it’s in Befallen.’

I remember that - I don’t know what exploit it was at the time but everybody was noticing the pp supply seemed to be skyrocketing and then the rumor started going around - ‘Oh some disgruntled dev put a banker in that gives you platinum for copper, 1 to 1, but only he knows how to make it spawn, it’s in Befallen.’
That's the exact rumor! At least for a short while it was super easy to get a group there.

IRL - The Fiery Avenger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back