• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Funny - The path to hell and whatnot (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,480¢
Went to solb tonight to get one of them cloak thingies. Was there for literally 2 minutes, maybe my 7th kill and got one, felt off, ooc if it was common, was told no, some one offered me half a mil plat for it but I sought out the one off guy there and just gave it away thinking meh, it can't be that bad.

Now I'm almost 3 hours in to a zone I really hate and not a single other one. Boy, I looked that gift horse in the mouth and then spit in it lol. Que sera sera. I doubt I really need it but damn, I didn't think it was gonna be this tedious lol.

Several years back I decided I was going to get one to drop. I ended up spending about 17 hours over three days actively hunting it in the end.

I easily could have made the money to buy it in less time, but I wanted to see it drop (because if there's anyone in this world I hate, it's me, apparently).

heh...I get gear myself, because in my mind there's no reason to play the game if I'm buying it. Exception being when I took a multi-year break and needed a few slots to get things running again.

I know that experience. You get something fast, think it must not be that rare, give/sell it, and then wham - you're there 2 weeks and never see another one.

Went to solb tonight to get one of them cloak thingies. Was there for literally 2 minutes, maybe my 7th kill and got one, felt off, ooc if it was common, was told no, some one offered me half a mil plat for it but I sought out the one off guy there and just gave it away thinking meh, it can't be that bad.

Now I'm almost 3 hours in to a zone I really hate and not a single other one. Boy, I looked that gift horse in the mouth and then spit in it lol. Que sera sera. I doubt I really need it but damn, I didn't think it was gonna be this tedious lol.
Attune it, use it, loyalty vendor for unattuner, swap to alts. Rinse repeat, then sell it.

Funny - The path to hell and whatnot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back