• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Lua - This spell has no effect. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
553¢
I am probably missing something, but I have never been able to successfully block those no-effect permanent buffs that land when you use one of the passive AA focus items (e.g., "Shadow of Might"). Hunting them down every time I upgrade an item and cast the buff is annoying, and I don't want buff slots used for no reason. For lack of knowledge of how to block them successfully, I made the following little Lua snippet to get rid of them. May be useful to someone, but didn't figure it was worth a resource. Just copy this to a Lua file and run.
Lua:
local mq = require('mq')

local function main()
    for i=1, mq.TLO.Me.MaxBuffSlots() do
        if mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Spell.Description() == "This spell has no effect." then
            print("Removing "..mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Name())
            mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Remove()
        end
    end
end

main()

Lua:
--Removing Useless Shadow buffs
print("Removing Shadow Buffs")
for buff= 1, 10, 1
do
  mq.cmd('/removebuff Shadow')
  mq.delay(500)
end
--Resuming Toon
mq.cmd('/boxr pause off')

I am probably missing something, but I have never been able to successfully block those no-effect permanent buffs that land when you use one of the passive AA focus items (e.g., "Shadow of Might"). Hunting them down every time I upgrade an item and cast the buff is annoying, and I don't want buff slots used for no reason. For lack of knowledge of how to block them successfully, I made the following little Lua snippet to get rid of them. May be useful to someone, but didn't figure it was worth a resource. Just copy this to a Lua file and run.
Lua:
local mq = require('mq')

local function main()
    for i=1, mq.TLO.Me.MaxBuffSlots() do
        if mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Spell.Description() == "This spell has no effect." then
            print("Removing "..mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Name())
            mq.TLO.Me.Buff(i).Remove()
        end
    end
end

main()
hey Vand,
I don;t want to detract from your own Lua creation, but hope this may help you. I use Missing Click Lua by @burdsjm Whether you use it, or look in it to see if his code can help you, hope you get it solved.

EDIT: #$*(&@WR(HIW(Y$#@BH@W(&VCIFSDHF()W BURDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, in right before me

Lua:
--Removing Useless Shadow buffs
print("Removing Shadow Buffs")
for buff= 1, 10, 1
do
  mq.cmd('/removebuff Shadow')
  mq.delay(500)
end
--Resuming Toon
mq.cmd('/boxr pause off')
I am conflicted, you have given great info and helped a member in need...I must give you a RedCent, but I am having trouble...arggg... I feel like you're Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhnnnnnn . You taunt me. I will chase you 'round the moons of curlibois. Revenge is best served with a plate of warm spaghetti.
1716672400299.png

Lua - This spell has no effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back