• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Using multiple rune procs at the same time (1 Viewer)

juice999

the Degenerate
RedCents
1,145¢
So, I've always been told that you get the aggro from a rune proc even if it doesn't land because of having a better rune already. I'm afraid that this might be a common misconception though because I feel like it does nothing when it is blocked. There might still arguably be a reason to run double rune procs on a tank weapon, but I think it's just because of how fast they get burned through. Also, you could get lower rune proc first, then the higher rune proc and get the full aggro from both. Just would put a little RNG into your setup, but that's pretty normal with procs.

This is difficult to test, so I just thought I'd ask here as I figure someone must know the answer:
Is the aggro granted at the time of cast or when the spell lands? This could also be relevant with weapons that have stat debuff procs that can be blocked by a better spell like The Crippler.

And while we're on the topic, what augs do you guys prefer to put in your tank weapon? I feel like this has always been a heated topic because in the past people used to argue about even putting AC augs in their weapons. I prefer rune on Pal and vamp on SK personally.

agro is cast agro (smol) and land agro (where mods hit for +/- agro, durantion and such).
Knights *synergy* is a rune, they should never have rune weps in modern game. War can, and with a knight and enchanter be dmg sponges from hell.

Pally, heal procs. SK dmg all the way (dis or pos, but fire worka also)

I've heard it's when the spell "lands" for the rune proc aggro but beyond the he says she says I really don't know.

While I'm curious about the rune proc augs and the aggro they can generate I haven't ran one yet.
Mostly because if I need to pull aoe threat as an SK I have more options than I can shake a stick at to get it done.

So, I just like to run the highest hDex I can.
hDex touches several different checks so it seems silly not to stack it to the moon.
Crit Rate > Riposte > Block > Parry

agro is cast agro (smol) and land agro (where mods hit for +/- agro, durantion and such).
Knights *synergy* is a rune, they should never have rune weps in modern game. War can, and with a knight and enchanter be dmg sponges from hell.

Pally, heal procs. SK dmg all the way (dis or pos, but fire worka also)
I like all of this info but unfortunately the current 1h Raid weapons for the SKs have Rune procs built in(have been this way long time) and the 2h has Ice Procs and you can add a Fire proc.

Here are pictures of the three I carry curently. The one is previous expansion with Stun Proc for the FF raid, Im not saying it does much but the intent is there. The solo pic is LI group version for stun procs that accepts a type4 that I used until I got a raid version.

Screenshot 2024-10-06 080940.png
Screenshot 2024-10-06 081239.png

Discussion - Using multiple rune procs at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back