• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - VV/ISB and Almar (1 Viewer)

mortis

RedCents
130¢
I have recently been on an EQ journey. Returning after 10 years or so, I built an emu server and messed around on it. But, it lacks the same magic when you can literally set your character to lv 100 with only up to OoW available.
So I started on Teek. Teek is broken, oh so broken.
Now I am on a standard server, and have 4 toons to 38 or so, completely manually. I have been reading almars multibox guides and it looks like he uses both VV and ISboxer. I am not sure I understand why. I get that ISB has some components that VV does not have, but if I want to set custom heals or DPS commands, even burns, couldnt I use danNet to set custom commands on the driver to call abilities from all casters, or healers, or just use a specific character? Is that possible?

you can use dannet that way, yes.

Almar's guides are long since out of date.

If you don't already use ISB, i'd not waste your time/money.

also understand that you pose a great risk to your accounts using any 3rd party utilities

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <

DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

DBG's "What constitutes as cheating" > here <

having said that - you might check out our new user guide and see if MQ is something for you.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Thanks Sic for the info and warnings. I did review these videos already, but I think it is just scratching the surface of capabilities.
I am only mildly concerned about ToS and banning. I expect that if I don't act like a dick, I won't be treated like one, but who knows. I guess I just make sure my Gold accounts are month to month!
I'll dig a bit further to discover what my setup will be, but I expect to move to T2 soon.

II expect that if I don't act like a dick, I won't be treated like one, but who knows.
this isn't really the case these days. There have been progressively aggressive suspension/ban waves happening.

"scratch the surface" yep. take a look at some of the vids in my signature

Is there a demo version?
If your level 2 you can get a lot of the stuff free in here.

In order to get to level 2 you can either buy it in the Red Cent Shop or earn Red Cents and buy it with them that way

So here is how it works:

The level 2 gives you the ability to give others Red Cents for good or helpful or funny posts. It does not cost you any to give and in giving them out it will also earn you more. If you make posts that others find funny, helpful, good question etc then they will give you Reds and that is 10 each time. So it is a good thing to come here and post now and then.

By passing out and earning these "red Cents" you can use them to keep up your free level 2 each month. Just stop by the RedCents shop - click the Redcents at the top of the page to go there.

It only takes 50 red cents a month to stay level 2 so that is super easy since you can give out 4 a day.

I just sent you 10 red cents by clicking the little red cent thing in the bottom right of your post. Others will likely chip in and soon you will have level 2 and can start earning your own!

Thanks Redmonkey!

I ended up subscribing and am now trying to get this all to work. Autologin worked, but dannet is not working, and the come to me/follow me is also not working. More to figure out. I'll dig through the T2 forums.

Thanks Redmonkey!

I ended up subscribing and am now trying to get this all to work. Autologin worked, but dannet is not working, and the come to me/follow me is also not working. More to figure out. I'll dig through the T2 forums.

If you are using a VPN, which helped my connection stability massively so I would highly suggest doing anyway, you will need to switch the dannet interface to be the local loop back in order to get everyone connected together.

/dnet interface

Set them all to the same thing, then unload and reload the dannet plugin.

You can also test by dropping the VPN and see if that works first.

Also useful is Lua script called BoxHud. After you install it with the RG launcher, /Lua run boxhud

It will then show you every character in the zone connected to your dannet network, and as a bonus if you click their name it will bring up that eq window.

IRL - VV/ISB and Almar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back