• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/warp detection question (1 Viewer)

codecaster

RedCents
I am running a macro in Forgotten Halls (instanced) that aggro-kites the rats from their room all the way to the summoning room. For every mob, the macro /warps me to about 4 different locations, provided snare doesn't wear off, then it warps me back and forth down a hall till snare lands again. (usually no more than 2 extra /warps) - If people are getting busted for 16,000+ warps, I feel pretty safe about that, but still want to ask this question, that has been asked a million times before: How possible is it to get caught in this scenario? I would think the possibility is quite low given the instanced zone and the fact that I would have to kill about 2500 mobs to even get close to that 16,000 mark, however, I do kill a lot of mobs, and I do it pretty quickly, so that 2500 mark is actually feasible within a week or so of running this macro. It would be pretty easy to modify my macro to just run me around on my drogmor to the waypoints, but it would slow down med time since mana doesn't regen as fast while moving on a mount, but then there's the biggest reason... I'm lazy. lol. Any thoughts on this?

-CodeCaster

Just a FYI this is posted in wrong spot =P lol but ure question is hard to awnser cause ya just never know what can happen...If i were u i would change it so that u run instead of warping if u like ure accounts. Not saying that u will get caught just saying that it is a lot less low key if ure not logging 5000 warps a week

Here is the cold reality... If a GM wants to Catch you THEY WILL

If a GM suspects you they can follow you and log you without you even knowing about. Example: I was in Old KT Killing AoW with a single group. None of my detection went off or showed up on the map but 4 GMs poped in an watched us take him down.

The best thing you ca do is not do anything that will draw attention. I have seen people get busted in Instance zones just as much as regular zones. It is all a gamble in the end.

Here is my view point. I use MQ to enhance the game for myself like a spuplement. Personally I do not use AFK macroing anymore. Now I may still run a macro or two now and then but I sit at the PC while I am doing this.
IF you want to AFK macro thats fine to. Just keep in mind that there is always the great possibility you may get cought.

The most important thing is that you have funwith EQ and MQ. If you are using MQ as a meens to just PL and PL and PL are you really enjoing the game? (Maybe so I do know a few people that make a living atm selling characters and plat) The point is you get out of it what you put into it. And if you expect to never get cought doing things that we know for a fact that do get logged then you are deluding yourself.

Hmm this turned into a rant didnt it? <steps down from the soap box>

Honestly, I don't really like playing EQ...

I really thought a lot about it today, and what I really enjoy is writing the programs to make EQ to what I want it to do. I think that if I couldn't do that, I would have quit EQ at least 2-3 years ago... I guess that answers my question. Thanks for the reflection. :)

-CodeCaster

/warp detection question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back