• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - What's a video game, book or film, that you will never revisit? (1 Viewer)

JLlorens

RedCents
110¢
Curious to see what others think. I've watched, played and read a lot of books, and some of them leave you a bit shaken. Here are my picks.

Video game: Spec Ops: The Line. My wife has done work at the VA and she has seen first hand what PTSD and combat trauma looks like. Some of the stuff on this game is downright horrible (white sulfur scene in particular). The mechanics of the game itself are shit, but the storytelling is spot on. Horrible subject, but spot on.
Film: Leaving Las Vegas. Cage has an incredible performance. It's just a downer of a movie. Misery after misery so to speak and a movie that left me feeling sad for days after I watched it.
Book: The Road. I love the post-apocalyptic genre, but something about this book just depressed me. I tend to believe that people will help other people, but this book just dulled that view.

Video Game: Gorgon online was complete trash.
Film: Anything not in English gives me a headache because I can't both read and watch the movie at the same time.
Can't say I have any issue with any books that I have read.

"The Road" movie was super depressing but had a great song from the score

8mm is a movie I'll never watch again. It was a long time ago but I remember being fairly disgusted by the end

video game: hated pac-man lines

book: the last 2 of the Barsoon series by Edgar Rice Burroughs (warlord of mars) incredibly lackluster

movie: War of the Roses, one of the worst movies ever, Dumb and Dummer is a close second

There are many I dislike but none have really left me shaken.

Ok...the friggin Ape movies make me cringe. Any of the planet of the apes for some reason scare the beejesues out of me. It's not the story line, it seems to be the thought of being taken over by apes.

Except King Kong and those type are ok.

No books or video games. Lots I don't like but they don't impact me, I just remove them from my mind. Unlike those ape movies.

Movie..... Can't ever bring myself to watch anything Hitorical or Drama based..... jsut tooo damn boring.

Book..... Terry Goodkind.... Yes..... I get it.... there are even worse ways to punish people for for being honest and good.

Game.... Sports related..... while they are cool looking...... I suck too badly at em.... and no interest in practising!!! hahaha

Movie - The Thin Red Line- went into the theatre thinking it was an action war movie, but it was some artsy fartise BS about a bird flopping on the ground. It was the only movie I ever walked out of and demanded my money back.

Game - City of Heroes
Book - A Song of Ice and Fire (Damn you Martin finish this shit)
TV/Movie - Lost followed by Game of Thrones SE7/8

IRL - What's a video game, book or film, that you will never revisit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back