• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Toast - What's Your Favorite Car You've owned? (2 Viewers)

RedCents
6,480¢
I had a 1982 Porsche 928 Turbo. It was legitimately a 200+ MPH car and I got top speed a few times. I passed the same cops speed trap going both ways and he didn't even bother. It was the same car from Scarface and Risky Business. But the old wiring caught fire. Total loss while I was sleeping.

Still that wasn't my favorite car. My favorite was my BMW Convertible that thing was fast 160 on the speedometer and it would do that. It was also durable. I hit a deer going 90mph and only broke a fog light. I like smaller cars for the turning radius.

Honorable Mention goes to my 65 Mustang.

My next car will probably be a 20 year old Ford truck to drive around my land.

Your turn tell me about the wheels you loved.

I'd have to say either my old 86 Mustang GT or 06 Corvette. I miss all the torque and the roudy lope from an aftermarket heads/cam motor. Will need another in my life someday. Probably after my kiddo is grown and I retire though. Just hope I'll still be mobile enough to actually enjoy it.

1718385190815.png
1718385844528.png

Last edited:
My first car was a fire-engine red 1966 Mustang. I had the white wall tires on, an antique plate, and she was my daily driver when I was 18 (my dad bought it for $1k when I was 16 and we rebuilt the entire thing over 2 years. Someone I went to high school with stole the car out of jealousy after I'd had it driving for about a year (and 2 months before I was due to sell it for $75k in 2000) and drove it off of a cliff, blowing it up.

55 Ford F100 Dropped the 6 cylinder and 3 speed trans for a 302 V8 and Automatic trans.
next would be my 69 Camaro

I had a 92 Celica, stick shift. I miss the shit out of that car. If I ever won the lottery I'd track it down and have it completely rebuilt and turned into a sleeper.

Rob is busy making a database of secret questions and answers! Clever Rob!

Everyone above has failed the phishing test. SHAME!

I had a 1982 Porsche 928 Turbo. It was legitimately a 200+ MPH car and I got top speed a few times. I passed the same cops speed trap going both ways and he didn't even bother. It was the same car from Scarface and Risky Business. But the old wiring caught fire. Total loss while I was sleeping.

Still that wasn't my favorite car. My favorite was my BMW Convertible that thing was fast 160 on the speedometer and it would do that. It was also durable. I hit a deer going 90mph and only broke a fog light. I like smaller cars for the turning radius.

Honorable Mention goes to my 65 Mustang.

My next car will probably be a 20 year old Ford truck to drive around my land.

I presume you meant KPH... there ain't no way that car did 200mph

I love this topic. My first ride was the family hand me down 1977 Suburban. What a bomber. Rusty, fuel and speedometer were the only gauges that worked. Also had a 1991 Lemans. That car was a cockroach. You couldn't kill it. Now I have an 2003 Hummer H2 and the tiny peen club membership to go along with it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1596108829571.jpg
    FB_IMG_1596108829571.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
  • CC-39-003-800.jpg
    CC-39-003-800.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 0
Not actual pictures my car was a gold, and long since gone. But was my first "turbo" car and it was literally a freaking blast to drive!

Attachments

• conquest.jpg
    conquest.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • brochure.jpg
    brochure.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 0
1997 Toyota Tacoma. I'd probably still be driving it, if a lady hadn't run a red light and t-boned me. Blast to drive off road, engine that you couldn't kill. Manual shift, manual windows, manual locks so nothing to break. Loved that truck.

Datsun 1200 SSS this, but in powder blue
1718408961612.png

4 speed manual, rear wheel drive.
My brother built the motor from scratch. Nothing fancy, just a hot cam and shaved head for compression. No fancy carbs or exhaust though.
Would do 100 mph (was terrifying).

As well as being the most fun to drive, I learnt all my car maintenance on this car.
You could strip the motor down to component parts with a metric set: 10, 12, 14, 17 and 19 ... thats it. And a torque wrench.
The block and tackle we used was an old fence strainer =D

Wrote it off when I unexpectedly hit 14" of water on a dark night doing about 70kmh (45 mph).

Still miss it.
Looked to get one a few years ago but they're about 20k (USD) now and I couldn't justify the expense (partners veto).

a buddy of mine has a blue one with an LS swap he just recently finished.
I think that would be a nice upgrade to that platform because it literally drove like it was on rails. Was a well designed car for its time.

Currently restoring an old grain truck. The license plate on it was from 1977. Thinking its at least 10 years older then that though. Looking for a truck bed for it and need a PTO drive for the bed lift. Need a new radiator for it too. It was stolen years ago by some jackass for the Copper!

It's heavily cropped, but I had an '88 Ford Bronco, my first vehicle. Spray painted camouflage. Here's a cropped photo of it to remove the people around it.

Drove it a few years until the transmission went out.

Attachments

• 20040502_142951_1E762300~3.jpg
    20040502_142951_1E762300~3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Had a 68 camaro. Wish I never sold it but had to do adult stuff. I'll get another some day.

Attachments

• 20140519_193036.jpg
    20140519_193036.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 0
It's heavily cropped, but I had an '88 Ford Bronco, my first vehicle. Spray painted camouflage. Here's a cropped photo of it to remove the people around it.

Drove it a few years until the transmission went out.
I live in the swamps of Louisiana. Camo goes on everything, with everything, and is accepted universal attire here.
:rock:

I presume you meant KPH... there ain't no way that car did 200mph
The non turbo version topped out at 211 mph look it up.

1995 Land Rover Defender 110
I would have loved to own an orignal Defender!!!!

Rob is busy making a database of secret questions and answers! Clever Rob!

Everyone above has failed the phishing test. SHAME!
Rob was a musician and therefore too lazy to make any databases even for EQ. I just like to make conversation. although with my memory issues I can't promise I won't ask again. But when I do Sic is cool and say Rob's you already asked that, taking it down.

The non turbo version topped out at 211 mph look it up.

I would have loved to own an orignal Defender!!!!

Rob was a musician and therefore too lazy to make any databases even for EQ. I just like to make conversation. although with my memory issues I can't promise I won't ask again. But when I do Sic is cool and say Rob's you already asked that, taking it down.
No it didn't, not the 1982 model anyway, they were good for 140mph. Later ones in the 90s hit 170-190.

The first production car to hit 200mph was the Ferrari F40 and that wasn't until 1987.

So no, your 1982 Porsche did not reach 200

No it didn't, not the 1982 model anyway, they were good for 140mph. Later ones in the 90s hit 170-190.

The first production car to hit 200mph was the Ferrari F40 and that wasn't until 1987.

So no, your 1982 Porsche did not reach 200
The non turbo model was timed at 211 mph, It was the fastest Porsche non Turbo for years. I'm not going to argue with you about a car I owned and how fast it was. Would you also like to tell me how my farts smell or any other detail you couldn't possibly know. I hade a vow not to punch down to the vocal minority seeking attention. So I'm done with you. Post whatever nonsense you like. Have you owned an 1982 Porsche 928 Twin Turbo. I bought it for that reason. And the Porsche 930 was doing well over 200mph long before 1987. Read fewer car magazine drive more sports cars. And don't believe everything you see in The Fast And The Furious.

I will say this I bought my car used and it had a ton of aftermarket work on it. I don't know if that made a difference or not. But I have no reason to lie about my car.

The summer I turned 16 my father told me whatever I saved up for the summer he'd match and I could buy a car. I saved up $4k working two fulltime jobs for the summer and I bought a 1983 Mustang Covertible GLX 5.0(This was in 1989, it was used with 26k on it). I kept that car through college and finally sold it in 1994 and bought a Dodge Stealth RT/TT twin turbo, which I had up until about 2 years ago.

Hands down it was my '64 VW Bus. I grew up in coastal SoCal and it was just an awesome cruiser. Room for friends and beers and a place to pass out when the occasion would arise.

I am jealous of Connie having the Get Smart Mobile!

I can say this. The practical Nissan Versa I drive in my old age isn't a 200.mph car. However I did get it up to 90mph today that's the fastest I've driven in 15 years LoL

Hands down it was my '64 VW Bus. I grew up in coastal SoCal and it was just an awesome cruiser. Room for friends and beers and a place to pass out when the occasion would arise.

I am jealous of Connie having the Get Smart Mobile!
and it was red , just like Maxwell Smart's. I will try and find a picture.

Toast - What's Your Favorite Car You've owned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back