• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Why Won't They Just Assist And Attack? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
79¢
Basically not wanting too much here. All I'm really looking to do is when my main attacks... all casters, all melee, all pets, all everything just run to that mob and start wailing on it with whatever they might be wielding. The premise is a BST/NEC/MAG group, and it's early levels so who cares what they do. I run the BST, and then all pets and everything just converge on the mob I start attacking. Any help is appreciated.

Basically not wanting too much here. All I'm really looking to do is when my main attacks... all casters, all melee, all pets, all everything just run to that mob and start wailing on it with whatever they might be wielding. The premise is a BST/NEC/MAG group, and it's early levels so who cares what they do. I run the BST, and then all pets and everything just converge on the mob I start attacking. Any help is appreciated.
Well.

You need to use *something* on them to do that.

Kissassist, mule assist, rgmercs (Lua), cwtn plugins, mq2afnuke, xgen, modbot, etc.

Or just use an "assist me" hotkey like I have in my hotkey guide.

I did try kiss assist. They follow my BST around fine. I turn melee to 1. But they just sit there and watch.
Well, if you need/want help with their ini files, you should post in the kiss support section with what you have.

Kiss requires either using an existing ini, or modifying/creating one yourself

Agree with Grim and Fug above...Set your driver toon to "Main Assist" and also make sure your scripts aren't "Paused" on all toons. As a matter of fact you should just go ahead and make a "All Pause On" and "All Pause Off" social keys right now and get used to using them.

Hope that helps.

Vrak

Agree with Grim and Fug above...Set your driver toon to "Main Assist" and also make sure your scripts aren't "Paused" on all toons. As a matter of fact you should just go ahead and make a "All Pause On" and "All Pause Off" social keys right now and get used to using them.

Hope that helps.

Vrak
I find this is what always fixes it for me when someone stops.
also need to set your "driver" to be main assist .
Keep in mind the OP said the toons were following around just fine. Which *sounds* like it is chasing.

Without more information much is just guessing.

Kissassist also doesn't use the group set main assist, they assist whomever you assign to assist when you start kiss, either by using their name, or by targeting them when you start it.

/Mac kissassist bob 98
/Mac kissassist 98 (while having bob targeted.)

Keep in mind the OP said the toons were following around just fine. Which *sounds* like it is chasing.

Without more information much is just guessing.

Kissassist also doesn't use the group set main assist, they assist whomever you assign to assist when you start kiss, either by using their name, or by targeting them when you start it.

/Mac kissassist bob 98
/Mac kissassist 98 (while having bob targeted.)
I tried those commands too. It does seem like they are on chase, as the following is smooth like it should be. But they still just stand there. Tried giving my main guy all the roles. Didn't change anything.

I tried those commands too. It does seem like they are on chase, as the following is smooth like it should be. But they still just stand there. Tried giving my main guy all the roles. Didn't change anything.
yes, and as i mentioned, you'll really want to post a thread in the kiss support section with your current inis, so folks can help you adjust them to do what they should be doing.

kissassist.com is the kiss wiki

arcreactorkc​

Rgmercs Lua is the easiest to get up and running in my opinion.

Sorry man but I have to disagree. Cwtn Plugins are just install from Launcher, copy and paste the command to start up each class, and go and play. Can't get much easier than that lol. I am sorta biased here, since I have all but 2 of them, currently.

Vrak

Since the thread has now moved to the kiss support thread, I'm going to lock this thread so it isn't the same conversation in two places at the same time.

Question - Why Won't They Just Assist And Attack?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back