• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Wizard Question: Is Thricewoven Effulgance In The Raid Nuke Rotation? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
37¢
I've been trying to pepper it in lately, but I can't really tell if it's doing anything.

My smash button thus far is: Twincast->Shadebright Vortex->Ethereal Freeze->Ethereal Immolation->Ecliptic Fire 6->Claw of Ingot->Force of Flame->Force of Ice->Force of Will.

TE is a normal spell cast with terrible cast time and damage, and a 25% chance of making your 1 next nuke stronger, and the 1% downside of 2 ticks of 20-30% reduced spell damage. The 80-185% damage for the following nuke seems enticing, but even if it did the full 185%, it's still doing horrible damage the other 3 times out of 4 that it's not giving you the next nuke benefit, which is taking away the opportunity cost of a large nuke or even a claw cast which is better damage/cast time with a guaranteed benefit.

If anyone done parses with some actual insight into this I'd appreciate some feedback. Also, it's a magic based spell with -10 resist, so I'm only talking about raids and such where nukes aren't going to be resisted with malo/tash on.

Even one resist would make it utterly pointless just like the entire wizard large magic nuke line.

Not a wizard so grain of salt and I know this isn't the best research that could be done, but I watched a kizant video of an LS raid for you and tried to watch for him casting TE and I never saw it get cast.

dps.kizant.net

computer says no. the level 96 wild ether used to be included in the rotation for the chance of a quad cast but has long since been nerfed/eclipsed.

98.3% of all wizard spell lines and the spells themselves are useless

have a shaman in your group, along with bard enchanter druid and a mage. use a 2hander (.preferably raid to fit 2 proc augs in), and find every focusable proc you can (tbl + more recent evolvers).

you should cast as many claws as you can outside ITC, and if you don’t have Rk III of spell Twincast, then go get it.

I dont use the spell on my wiz either for what it's worth.

May also want to add in the other 2 Ethereal's in there for raids. Plait and Ignition. They all have separate cooldowns

I dont use the spell on my wiz either for what it's worth.

May also want to add in the other 2 Ethereal's in there for raids. Plait and Ignition. They all have separate cooldowns

Ethereal Freeze and Ethereal Immolation both are 51% damage more than the NOS versions, and they can pretty much be cast back to back with a bard, otherwise claw goes off for potential goodness. I'll try it out, though.

dps.kizant.net

computer says no. the level 96 wild ether used to be included in the rotation for the chance of a quad cast but has long since been nerfed/eclipsed.

98.3% of all wizard spell lines and the spells themselves are useless

have a shaman in your group, along with bard enchanter druid and a mage. use a 2hander (.preferably raid to fit 2 proc augs in), and find every focusable proc you can (tbl + more recent evolvers).

you should cast as many claws as you can outside ITC, and if you don’t have Rk III of spell Twincast, then go get it.

I figured. Have rank 3 twincast, banestrike 4, bifold, all that crap. Just casting our current ethereal spells and the vortex once every 3 ticks usually does the trick. Otherwise claw or ecliptic 6 when they can. I use the current shaman potions for mana and procs too. Still looking for that zone-wide insta-kill that I've convinced myself is somewhere out there.

Short answer is No. Spells I use, mostly cause I dont want to be rooted in place by magic flash... Scales up from 85-125. I think some of the lower levels use pyroxism, but that is before i returned so im not totally familiar with it.

1720733430023.png

Question - Wizard Question: Is Thricewoven Effulgance In The Raid Nuke Rotation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back