• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - Wow...you can really dance. Pantheon video (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,139¢
I have not really looked at it, or don;t recall it anyways..and Pantheon came up in conversation in our expansion talk thread about it being released soon. So I went and took a look, I don;t see any news about a release. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/

But I did see a cool looking video, so I wanted to share it. Look s a LOT like EQ updated graphics. Those guys look like updated Crushbone orcs. Go GO Crushbone ! I have zero clue about play or story or anything, just wanted to share the graphics.

We've both been dancing all our lives, must be a coinci-Dance:

Pantheon...what is it, maybe 10 years in the making (Announced 2014-ish)? Still not released. Overhyped, under delivered. Now, it's outdated even before it's released.

Not sure if this is one I am going to try.....Of course the MMO scene is stale and needs...well anything. I guess. :shrug:

I'm not sure what I just watched.
Looks like one of those "highly praised" film festival movies you've heard so much about, so you watch it. Half way through the movie you realize you have no idea what they're talking about, there is no plot, all they've done is run to the gas station and choose out a snack while they stare intently at the selection. You then turn it off and play EQ again while watching whatever comic book movie you like, promising to never watch another indie movie again.

But it bugs you enough that this got praise so you look more into why, only to discover it is because it "dared" to use jump cuts and it's edgy or whatever.

Rusang said "only to discover it is because it "dared" to use jump cuts and it's edgy or whatever". OR, it was totally woke (politically of course).

Pantheon is not really "blowing my skirt up". Your right above, "it is overrated and under performing, and WAY overdue. And I agree that the graphics are not what I expect from a "new" game. The overdue part is due to lack of enough people to complete it. Alot like Star Citizen, people are so ganked on it and yet it is a disaster (millions of dollars worth). These are just 2 of the reasons why I won't pay for a early release of anything, especially games. Just can't trust these company's anymore. And don't even get me started on the whole "100 lb women throwing 250 lb men around" thing, sheesh. Just the opinion from an "older guy", lol.

Vrak

Pantheon...what is it, maybe 10 years in the making (Announced 2014-ish)? Still not released. Overhyped, under delivered. Now, it's outdated even before it's released.

Not sure if this is one I am going to try.....Of course the MMO scene is stale and needs...well anything. I guess. :shrug:
I remember talk about this, but not what the talk ever was.. not something I have followed.. but bleh... its been on hold/work for years??? gah.. color me a poo-poo brown 💩 Here I thought thats what I could see as the type of graphics we could have from DBG some year in my fantasy. Lol so even those graphics are pretty ancient
But it bugs you enough that this got praise so you look more into why, only to discover
pretty much ! haha. Well if they fold up, I can hope db would buy them and merge junk. Probably in that same fantasy, but ah well. Will take Elon or some Lottery RedGuides winner.

Redfrog said "Lol so even those graphics are pretty ancient".

Yeah and I am pretty sure they have upgraded (?) the graphics package at least once in the last 10 years lol. And they still look dated.

Vrak

I've been following P:RotF for a few years.

I really really really hope it holds on. I really need something that isn't ran by Daybreak or DPG. But is still "everquest'ish"

I dislike that they had to basically open up early access even tho they swore they wouldnt. But that is how solo game studios have to do things these days.

At least they haven't fully imploded like a lot of other studios. Thankful for that.

Games - Wow...you can really dance. Pantheon video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back