• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Is it possible to quit macroquest without exiting EQ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
184¢
Good day! I'm slowly getting more accustomed to using macroquest, but I'm entirely lost as to how to properly quit the program without exiting EQ (or unloading it completely). I'm likely missing something really basic with unloading it, perhaps, but using that has uninstalled it completely every time that I've used it. To be more clear, I'm *not* wanting to uninstall macroquest entirely, but I'm wondering it is possible to quit macroquest (just a basic exit for the program) without exiting EQ? Or, once the programs are connected, is this something that isn't possible in this day of age? Again, I'm quite likely missing something really basic, but can anyone point me in the right direction in how this would work here?

@Sic Thank you for the quick response. By default, I don't think that I'm using the command correctly. Every time that I've tried using it, it's completely uninstalled everything. Can I get it to work so that it will just exit the program(s) that might be being used with the basic subscription here?

@Sic Thank you for the quick response. By default, I don't think that I'm using the command correctly. Every time that I've tried using it, it's completely uninstalled everything. Can I get it to work so that it will just exit the program(s) that might be being used with the basic subscription here?
Unload just unloaded MacroQuest from that instance of EverQuest, which is what I read your request as.

Perhaps you're asking how to end kissassiat or another resource, and calling it MacroQuest on accident?

@Sic Thank you again. I'm going to attempt it again here. I was likely using a slightly different command then. Or I've done something very wrong in installing things here to where I've ended up making the command fully uninstall everything, rather than just exiting them.

Edit: Somehow I have that /unload command set up to fully uninstall everything MQ related from my computer. It's not just "unloading MQ from that instance of EQ", I'm meaning. So far, I don't have a whole lot of things that I'm needing to reinstall each time, but I'm missing how it's possible to use this command without completely uninstalling everything from my computer.

@Sic Thank you again. I'm going to attempt it again here. I was likely using a slightly different command then. Or I've done something very wrong in installing things here to where I've ended up making the command fully uninstall everything, rather than just exiting them.

Edit: Somehow I have that /unload command set up to fully uninstall everything MQ related from my computer. It's not just "unloading MQ from that instance of EQ", I'm meaning. So far, I don't have a whole lot of things that I'm needing to reinstall each time, but I'm missing how it's possible to use this command without completely uninstalling everything from my computer.

Lupin, I think we need to reset expectations and definitions of words.

Uninstall means that the program ceases to exist on the computer and must be re-installed in order to run again. This is commonly done via Programs and Files: Uninstall, which is not what /unload does.
/unload removes MQ from memory where it was injected to work within the confines of EverQuest. You can re-inject MQ while EQ is running without having to re-install the MacroQuest application.

Let's go back to what you asked, you asked "how to properly quit the program without exiting EQ" - what does this mean to you? To me this means that any and all MQ related benefits and commands no longer work while playing EQ.

ok so the icon when you have it installed you can find the MQ logo, this will let you right click it then go down to advanced then Unload All Instances (Forced)
make sure your AV and firewalls accept the launcher and or folder maybe?

It is not possible (or at least reasonable possible) that /unload uninstalls everything on your computer.

You would have to alias that command, and run the plugin that allows your to execute windows commands to force things to be deleted.

Actually, now I'm completely lost as to how these things work. Any full explanation would likely sail far over my head here, but the /unload command does appear to do just that. I was mistaken in that things were being deleted from my computer in using the command. The command appears to work perfectly for its purpose. What I'm missing, though, is how to best exit (or completely quit) the macroquest program. Is there anything that I can do on my end that would combine how the /unload command works and how right clicking the MQ program's icon and selecting Exit would work? They appear to do entirely different things. To be more precise, I'm wondering what might be the best method to use during frequent breaks on my end. I've been using /q mostly, so far, but I'm hoping to use something like /unload, then the "Launch MQ" from Redguide launcher. I've had locked file messages every time that I've tried to do that, though, so I'm having to close EQ down entirely every time that I've wanted to relaunch MQ. Is that normal? Or is there something that I can adjust so that I don't have to close down and reopen EQ every time that I want to use MQ with it?

Edit: It's pretty simple to use the /unload command. Then right click the MQ program, select exit. Then relaunch the program with Redguide's launcher. Apologies. I think that I was attempting to make things more complicated than they'd need to be here. This works without shutting EQ down.

Question - Is it possible to quit macroquest without exiting EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back