• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (5 Viewers)

hi all new to macroquest and i have downloaded very vanilla in the correct path but when i click auto login for my group it doesnt load them in and in the MQ ini. it reads autologin=1 so very lost atm hehe to why it wont work

this morning i woke up decided to play some EQ went to use the autologin as thats how i always fire up, somewhere between last night, and this morning im getting crashes. i haven't changed anything within the file or application itself, just randomly started crashing. ive tried loggin a toon in through regular eq launchpad, and firing up MQ but it crashes. Any suggestions?

hi all new to macroquest and i have downloaded very vanilla in the correct path but when i click auto login for my group it doesnt load them in and in the MQ ini. it reads autologin=1 so very lost atm hehe to why it wont work
did you do /pluginmanager inside eq and check the autologin feature ?

yup same every time i have 7 diff toons under 1 login name and zero pw on them after reboot this is several times putting in the pw's all info .... also shows up with lvl 1 toons 30 toons this is really getting dumb

any chance we can have the option to use old login deal this one is getting very messy

No the old code is deleted. I can’t bring it back as other things now depend on the new code. We are moving full steam ahead and fixing all the issues

Can you toggle the debug console from the advanced menu of the tray icon and see if it’s print out any errors when you make changes?

I’m trying to get @dannuic to take a look as he’s the expert on the SQLite code

Autologin misappropriated all character names to wrong accounts. It keeps messing up and correcting it over and over again is getting old.

yup same every time i have 7 diff toons under 1 login name and zero pw on them after reboot this is several times putting in the pw's all info .... also shows up with lvl 1 toons 30 toons this is really getting dumb

Can you toggle the debug console from the advanced menu of the tray icon and see if it’s print out any errors when you make changes?
Or come into discord and get some realtime help. I'm struggling to understand how this is happening and could use a lot more details on the order of operations thats leading to this to happen. "It doesn't work" or "it keeps breaking" (paraphrasing) isn't enough for me to go by.

I figured out what it is... Its primarily caused by using launchpad to start eq, but might also be caused by other methods. Will have a fix out tonight.

I am pushing out a new built to live and test with the following update notes:

Feb 29, 2024:
- autologin: Fix bug causing the wrong account to be assigned to characters at character select.
- autologin: Fix bug causing blank password to be assigned to accounts at character select.
- autologin: Add error message when launching game if everquest path is invalid.

tempsnip.png
i get this now when i click on my toon to launch it through the macroquest tray autologin section. so update did something but is it my side now that isnt working properly?

any chance we can have the option to use old login deal this one is getting very messy
I agree.

Being able to right click on an account and "unload" it from logging in was so nice, but, that 1-click option is gone.

I have accounts randomly crashing without notice. I afk 20 min or 2 hours and poof, one account is gone.

Half the time I can't log in a specific account under XXX profile if I just want to log in 1 char while the others are loaded.

My chat (hide / show) options get reset constantly. Tell colors, reset. I couldn't even WASD move around. It got defaulted back to the arrow keys.

Sad panda

I agree.

Being able to right click on an account and "unload" it from logging in was so nice, but, that 1-click option is gone.

I have accounts randomly crashing without notice. I afk 20 min or 2 hours and poof, one account is gone.

Half the time I can't log in a specific account under XXX profile if I just want to log in 1 char while the others are loaded.

My chat (hide / show) options get reset constantly. Tell colors, reset. I couldn't even WASD move around. It got defaulted back to the arrow keys.

Sad panda
That option isn't gone. It is now ctrl click. That came up on day one of these changes and was addressed almost immediately. Plenty of posts on it in this thread.

The hidden characters being set back to show I've brought up to dannuic, think that ones getting fixed eventually.

Toons randomly crashing while in game I would doubt has to do with autologin.

View attachment 58143
i get this now when i click on my toon to launch it through the macroquest tray autologin section. so update did something but is it my side now that isnt working properly?
The new error popup is to help make it clear that it was a misconfiguration in your settings all along. When launcher just did nothing before, it's because it found nothing to launch at your configured eq path. Now it just has a message to tell you as much

That option isn't gone. It is now ctrl click. That came up on day one of these changes and was addressed almost immediately. Plenty of posts on it in this thread.

The hidden characters being set back to show I've brought up to dannuic, think that ones getting fixed eventually.

Toons randomly crashing while in game I would doubt has to do with autologin.
What’s the character resetting to show problem about. I haven’t heard that one yet.

I agree.

Sad panda

Reverting back isn’t how we solve these problems.

Ctrl+click toggles

Random clients crashing isn’t autologin’s fault

You can always just load a single character by clicking it

I don’t know what the chat options thing is about

My frustration is that if you read this thread you can see very clearly that I am working hard to address the concerns about autologin so that it can be the very best it can be.

Reverting back isn’t an option, this upgrade was a long time coming and was needed to get beyond and fix some very fundamental issues with mq.

The ui is a superficial layer on top. These things can be altered and improved. Don’t need to act like it is set in stone and not ever changing again

What’s the character resetting to show problem about. I haven’t heard that one yet.

Reverting back isn’t how we solve these problems.

Ctrl+click toggles

Random clients crashing isn’t autologin’s fault

You can always just load a single character by clicking it

I don’t know what the chat options thing is about

My frustration is that if you read this thread you can see very clearly that I am working hard to address the concerns about autologin so that it can be the very best it can be.

Reverting back isn’t an option, this upgrade was a long time coming and was needed to get beyond and fix some very fundamental issues with mq.

The ui is a superficial layer on top. These things can be altered and improved. Don’t need to act like it is set in stone and not ever changing again
oh just realized i misread that post about chat hide/show as char hide/show, which was a separate issue.

I agree.

Sad panda

Chat options resetting thing sounds like the problem that has always been there with starting multiple EQ instances where you can randomly have eqclient.ini get reset to defaults. That's nothing new to these autologin updates. You can avoid that by doing things like marking eqclient.ini read-only.

ok so this is what i see the toon logs in if you have any other toons on that account it reads them as well.... when it does that wich it should not ever do if not prompted it makes a separate profile for that toon and messes up the rest

also if you log in to fast the toons overlap resetting the login to all toons to the first toon logged in and looses the password to the rest logged in after that

I am trying to understand how to add toons to autologin now. I left click MQ icon, get the menu pop up, click on characters, click add, fill in the information. Yet nothing gets added to my list. Am I missing something?

I am trying to understand how to add toons to autologin now. I left click MQ icon, get the menu pop up, click on characters, click add, fill in the information. Yet nothing gets added to my list. Am I missing something?

Nope, thats how you do it. Are you sure you filled everything in?

also if you log in to fast the toons overlap resetting the login to all toons to the first toon logged in and looses the password to the rest logged in after that

ok so this is what i see the toon logs in if you have any other toons on that account it reads them as well.... when it does that wich it should not ever do if not prompted it makes a separate profile for that toon and messes up the rest

You're describing the bug i fixed. Update.

Is there a limit on the number of characters you can have and I hit it? Yes I have filled in every line. Clicked open account info box and input info, then server name and character name. Nothing never shows up in character list. I have rebooted a few times thinking it might show up after.

OK some of the new redesign is not at all easy to figure out.. So after trial and error for a while I figured it out.... It was the EQ path it looks like you have it already set... Pic one looks like it is there and nothing for you to do... BUT you have to click in the box in 2nd pick which I never did and you get a live option. I figured it out by editing a saved account and saw live in that box.

Attachments

• MQ2AutologinHell1.png
    MQ2AutologinHell1.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • MQ2AutologinHell2.png
    MQ2AutologinHell2.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have noticed now, that when using a regular EQ patcher launch sequence, autologin will attempt to take over and log in a random account. This didn't use to happen. This makes it annoying if I want to manually log into another account to do something like "Return Home". So, now I am forced to quit MQ just to get control over manual log ins. And then when I am finished, I have to re-launch MQ. I can't see where to change this behavior to ignore log in attempts without actually executing an auto login procedure from the MQ taskbar icon.

I have noticed now, that when using a regular EQ patcher launch sequence, autologin will attempt to take over and log in a random account. This didn't use to happen. This makes it annoying if I want to manually log into another account to do something like "Return Home". So, now I am forced to quit MQ just to get control over manual log ins. And then when I am finished, I have to re-launch MQ. I can't see where to change this behavior to ignore log in attempts without actually executing an auto login procedure from the MQ taskbar icon.
1709492407336.png
launch without login option should be 100% better than ever using the eq launcher. you should never need to use the eq launcher except to patch eq.

Nope. this does not work. Autologin still takes over when launching this way.

Still need an option to launch the game without autologin taking over.
when i click launch without login it goes up to the login screen and autologin shows
1709495223616.png
it doesn't move at all beyond that itself without me doing something.

ok this is really getting annoying i log in toons yesterday np at all today boom all autologin messed up again trying to log in account no pw
OK after long debate and what I have encountered.

Check your Char in the menu. See if you have Doubles. I did. Delete the doubles.

Go to Open Config in MQ
Char and Edit Config (Fix to Correct, Name, Server, Maybe PW) Has multiple window set up. Use short Server Name.
Add Char Add to a Profile
EQ Path (Could be Empty) Go to the Everquest Folder then OK

I have encountered the EQ path is EMPTY so make sure the correct path is selected

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

• Psy
  • D
Back