• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - MyChat 04/28/2024

grimmier

Tinkerer
RedCents
1,932¢
grimmier submitted a new resource:

MyChat - Simple Customizable Lua Chat Window with Customizable event driven channels.

MyChat​

By Grimmier

Basic Chat Window.​

This was inspired because I play on Project Lazarus, and we don't have tabbed chat windows. Combine that with EQ's horrible filtering. This lets you create your own event based filters.

Features:

• Customizable channels and colors.
  • Reads settings from MyChat_Settings.ini in the MQ\Config dir.
  • You can customize any event string you would like and create a channel...

Read more about this resource...

next update does a slight change to old configs. so back up first.
making the eventsStrings store as an array. so we can use multiple events for the same channel/color combo.

new layout:

New Layout:
return {
    ['Channels'] = {
        ['Say'] = {
            ['echoFilterString'] = '^You',
            ['color'] = 'white',
            ['echoColor'] = 'grey',
            ['enabled'] = true,
            ['resetPosition'] = false,
            ['setFocus'] = false,
            ['commandBuffer'] = '',
            ['eventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#says,#*#',
            },
            ['filterString'] = 'says,',
            ['echoEventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#You say, \'#*#',
            },
        },
        ['Shout'] = {
            ['color'] = 'red',
            ['echoColor'] = 'grey',
            ['enabled'] = false,
            ['setFocus'] = false,
            ['commandBuffer'] = '',
            ['eventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#shouts,#*#',
            },
            ['filterString'] = 'shouts,',
            ['echoEventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#You shout, \'#*#',
            },
        },
        ['Guild'] = {
            ['color'] = 'green',
            ['echoColor'] = 'grey',
            ['enabled'] = false,
            ['setFocus'] = false,
            ['commandBuffer'] = '',
            ['eventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#tells the guild#*#',
            },
            ['filterString'] = 'tells the guild,',
            ['echoEventString'] = {
                [1] = '#*#You say to your guild, \'#*#',
            },
        },
    }
}

grimmier updated MyChat with a new update entry:

v1.10

[1.10] - 2024-03-16​

〰️Commits​

PR # [3](https://github.com/grimmier378/mychat/pull/3): main console.
background color is now set to black, and hover highlights are set to just a tad bit lighter.
accidently removed writing to main console. that is back

These settings are saved to the config so you can change them. I will probably add a color-picker for this at some point.

Read the rest of this update entry...

v1.16

[1.16] - 2024-03-19​

〰️Commits​

- * tweaked the config windows to be more pleasing to the eye.
(7a5372b) ~grimmier378
- Filters
* I brought back the filtering of events further.
* You can set multiple filters for an event and color code each filter.
* if the line does not fit a filter it defaults to the events color.
* You can add and remove...

Hi, I want to try this out, but the command section seems a little bit sparse. I am assuming it is /Lua run mychat? And how do I bring up the configuration windows? It looks great. I look forward to giving it a whirl

New Fixes coming in the next hr or so.

I think I found and squashed all of the crash bugs editing the config.

Added timestamp toggle to the menu as well

Updated the default config.

Great resource, been playing around with it little bit. If I respond back into guild with a /gu message, it then lists the string twice in the UI. Also, is there a way to set a default response channel within the chat tab, so I dont have to have the /gu?

Did some more experimentation, and it appears if the local echo option is checked, it only shows once, so I think the flag may be reversed, or your conditional is reversed for that flag.

1711045617615.png

Great resource, been playing around with it little bit. If I respond back into guild with a /gu message, it then lists the string twice in the UI. Also, is there a way to set a default response channel within the chat tab, so I dont have to have the /gu?

Did some more experimentation, and it appears if the local echo option is checked, it only shows once, so I think the flag may be reversed, or your conditional is reversed for that flag.

View attachment 59331
I haven't been able to reproduce that one. what do your event string and filters look like for that channel?
local echo is currently only on the main console, as that is the one the command line is tied to.

I can look into adding some extra functionality though for default channels for the tab visible.

I also want to add toggles to enable or disable events and filters, so we don't have to delete them when not wanted. currently disabling a channel still registers the events and parses the lines, incase we turn it back on to look for something. I just turns off the tab display.

I was massively amazed when you were playing with the zoom...'and good for HDTV" omgosh! Yes. I love how you have so much IMgui (and no native UI) in this and the Themez. Love to see it. Really nice man.
hehe thanks.

I play a lot on EMU and we are missing some QoL stuff. ImGui windows can fill in a lot of those gaps.

I still have the game windows open that macros and plugins pull info from, they are just hiding behind imgui windows. then i /viewport the game window to fit to scale inside my border of ImGui windows. That way i don't lose any view of the world, its just snuggly resized inside of my gui. :)

View attachment 59331
I think i found out why that is duplicated.
for your guild Event string have it search for #*# guild, '#*# that you can add the filter for ^You to get your echos.
then for your say event string change that so it is #*# says, '#*# this one you will need 2 events for because you say is used a lot for other channels. so a second Event String for #*#You say, '#*#.
this should stop if from pulling both channels for things you say. we make it include the , ' in the string

View attachment 59331
coming in the next hr.

* Added Echo setting per channel.
* You set this to the /command you want to use on that channel by default.
* * so you can have your group channel always /g when you type on that tab.
* * we are selecting the active tab then using that channels Echo setting.
if you start a command with a / it ignores this setting.
You can configure this from the channel config page.
* some code clean up as well

v1.23

[1.23] - 2024-03-22​

Features⛲

- Channel Echo
* Added Echo setting per channel.
* You set this to the /command you want to use on that channel by default.
* * so you can have your group channel always /g when you type on that tab.
* * we are selecting the active tab then using that channels Echo setting.

if you start a command with a / it ignores this setting.

You can configure this from the channel config page.

* some code clean up as...

Lua - MyChat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back