• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - MyChat (1 Viewer) 04/23/2024

updated overview with new settings and information.

the TLDR of it is:
  • You can Import Configs from other characters.
    • Importing will append '_NEW' to a channel name if it already exists and create a new one.
    • you can alternatively check the Clean Import option where we will just write a fresh file.
    • All Imports will first back up original file with _BAK appended to the file name.
  • You can Toggle Channels on or off from displaying on the Main Channel.
  • You can Toggle Events on or off for a given Channel.
  • Filter String TOKENS
    • For filter strings you can use TOKENS to replace character names.
    • TOKENS AVAIL
    • M3 = Your Name
    • TK1 = Main Tank's Name
    • M1 = Main Assist's Name
    • H1 = Group Healers Name (CLR, SHM, DRU)
    • GP1 = Any Group Member's Name (except your own)
    • G1 - G5 = Group Member's Name in Slot 1-5 respectively
    • P1 = Your Pets name

The Tells window is not showing tells. Will it work if you have the Option on for Tell Windows? I think that may be what is keeping it from working, since there is no additional text sayin what those are from

The Tells window is not showing tells. Will it work if you have the Option on for Tell Windows? I think that may be what is keeping it from working, since there is no additional text sayin what those are from
it depends on how your events and filters are set up.

this is how i have mine set. This is without using tell windows.

the filter under the 2nd event will weed out any npc merchant that has a first and last name from being reported when interacting with them.

1711572008876.png

It is just the default setup, I haven't made any changes. I also noticed I wasn't seeing guild chat or anything else in the various windows, so I might have something else wrong.

when i get home i will update the default set. most of them have been adjusted to be more accurate.

I can toss a copy of my set up if you want to import it.

Attachments

• MyChat_Defaults.lua
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
Coming in the next Hour or so.

PopOut Channel Windows.

You can also dock the pop out windows together as you like. creating new tabs on that window.

grimmier updated MyChat with a new update entry:

v1.53

[1.53] - 2024-03-29​

Features⛲

- Cleaned up the menu
Added LockToggle to main window.
Moved Configure Events menu item to a Gear Icon
You now have easier access to Channels, and Zoom menu's
Added a PopOut Menu to toggle popouts from the main window.

all menu's are their own drop down not longer nested.
This should make things easier.

Cleaned up some code here and there.

Read the rest of this update entry...

for anyone that wants
here is a copy of my settings / channels / events / filters
you can import and edit or delete any channels you want.

Attachments

• MyChat_Grim.lua
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
For me nothing comes to the window. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also saw a UI where the MQ2 info box was part of it. Can anyone assist me with these two things?

For me nothing comes to the window. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I also saw a UI where the MQ2 info box was part of it. Can anyone assist me with these two things?
you may need to set up some events and filters, there is an example set i posted a few posts above.
when you say MQ2 InfoBox do you mean the MacroQuest Console? i forget what i had docked in some of my videos they move around on a whim or char basis.
the default console you can bring up with Ctrl ~

also double check and make sure the events are tagged to show in main tab if you want them to, otherwise they will only show in their own tab.

Hi awesome Lua, really cleaned up my UI :-) I am not a techie at all, just a little bit of help if I may, When you hail a quest giver and they give the response, normally at some point in the text there will be something like [information] that I click on and i get the next piece of information and possibly another [information]. Is there a way in MyChat in the say channel to identify these key bits of information to click on? I am struggling with the syntax :-( any help would be much appreciated

Hi awesome Lua, really cleaned up my UI :-) I am not a techie at all, just a little bit of help if I may, When you hail a quest giver and they give the response, normally at some point in the text there will be something like [information] that I click on and i get the next piece of information and possibly another [information]. Is there a way in MyChat in the say channel to identify these key bits of information to click on? I am struggling with the syntax :-( any help would be much appreciated
currently not yet, but don't make me say it should pull those out for you, and allow you to have all toons click along.

grimmier updated MyChat with a new update entry:

04/23/2024

[1.70] - 2024-04-23​

Bug Fixes🐛

- Added some checks to also prevent saving blank names to Events and Channels. they will just default back to New. incase this was an accident.
(8b78e74) ~grimmier378
- Added some checks to also prevent saving blank names to Events and Channels. they will just default back to New. incase this was an accident...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lua - MyChat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back