• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Sports - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023-24. (1 Viewer)

I did not have Bobrovsky chased in the 2nd period on my Bingo card. I honestly think EDM outplayed them in games 1 and 5, and this could end up going to game 7.

I did not have Bobrovsky chased in the 2nd period on my Bingo card. I honestly think EDM outplayed them in games 1 and 5, and this could end up going to game 7.
Well four of the 5 goals bob let in were off the rush. At with numbers for the oilers. At some point those start to go in. Bob has stonewalled the oilers on breakaways till game 4. At some point you knew it was gonna happen. The other goal was just a really nice play by the Oilers.

Bob back in Net for Game 5 on Tuesday. Panthers will rest, reset and erase game 4 from memory.

Also something to note, first powerplay of the game when it was Still 0-0, the Panthers hit the post twice in 5 secs. If one of those goes in, the shorthanded goal never happens and the game takes on a complete different monster!

I figured this was gonna happen! I mean same thing happened in the first round against Tampa when the Panthers were up 3 games to 0 in that series. 6-3 was the final forcing a game 5. I think they got wrapped up in the moment. I think the Panthers put their heads down and go back to the Panthers game in 5. And four of the 5 goals Bob let in were on the rush with numbers for the Oilers. Only so much a goaltender can fend off before those start to go in!
Wow, did not expect there to be a game six. Pretty epic fail by the kittens.

That diving save by Tkachuck on the empty net was amazing.

448591395_850930773723515_3638502751271569256_n.jpg

Wow, did not expect there to be a game six. Pretty epic fail by the kittens.

That diving save by Tkachuck on the empty net was amazing.
It was an awful start to the game. And they had to play catch up. At least they could play catch up this time! I never once though the oilers were gonna lay down and die. Honestly Im shocked it hasnt been a back and forth series in all reality. like Bob stole game 1 from Edmonton. I though games 2 and 3 were pretty much accurate. Both teams had their moments. Game 4 was all Oilers. Game 5 started off all Oilers. but you could definitely tell the panthers were finally shaking off all the glue they had took a bath in as the game wore on. But it just a bit too late. Game 6 is gonna really interesting. I am torn though. Kinda want Edmonton to win Game 6 just so this goes 7. It would be great for the entire NHL if this goes 7 in my opinion. Game 7s are always the best! I also really want the Panthers to win Game 6 and get this over with so we dont even have to deal with that!

It was an awful start to the game. And they had to play catch up. At least they could play catch up this time! I never once though the oilers were gonna lay down and die. Honestly Im shocked it hasnt been a back and forth series in all reality. like Bob stole game 1 from Edmonton. I though games 2 and 3 were pretty much accurate. Both teams had their moments. Game 4 was all Oilers. Game 5 started off all Oilers. but you could definitely tell the panthers were finally shaking off all the glue they had took a bath in as the game wore on. But it just a bit too late. Game 6 is gonna really interesting. I am torn though. Kinda want Edmonton to win Game 6 just so this goes 7. It would be great for the entire NHL if this goes 7 in my opinion. Game 7s are always the best! I also really want the Panthers to win Game 6 and get this over with so we dont even have to deal with that!
Game 7 would be great, and if the Panthers are going to win it, doing it on home ice for their fans would be amazing!

Can quote all regular season stats you want. This is playoff hockey. And the Finals. everything off the tables. Case and Point the Bruins getting knocked out in the First round last year after having the best regular season in NHL history! Not saying the Oilers are out. But season stats just really dont mean much especially for Game 6 and potentially 7!

I count neither team out! Panthers could come storming out and kill the oilers. Or viseversa.

But I want this Game 7 to go overtime. Maybe the NHL will just disallowed any goals that may get scroed if its tied with 5 mins left in the 3rd. Purposely send it to OT!

Also, The goal disallowed in the beginning of the second for offsides. Yeah Im rooting for the Panthers. But that aside. I feel like that was so close either way. That it should have been like when refs from the NFL come out as say "Call Stands" meaning they couldn't completely prove without any doubt the call was incorrect. I feel like this should have happened here. Its that damn close.

And as for anyone that wants to say, putt a sock in it. If this happened, to oilers I would be hoping for that same call. Doesn't mean I would agree with the call even if it went our way.

Also, The goal disallowed in the beginning of the second for offsides. Yeah Im rooting for the Panthers. But that aside. I feel like that was so close either way. That it should have been like when refs from the NFL come out as say "Call Stands" meaning they couldn't completely prove without any doubt the call was incorrect. I feel like this should have happened here. Its that damn close.

I honestly think reviewing a goal for offsides is garbage for any team. If the linesman doesn't call it when it happens, you can't have a team play another minute in the zone, score a goal, and then say "we should have called it but we didn't, so your effort is invalid". They need to remove that challenge completely.

Also, this series so far has been amazing, I was cheering for EDM because I just want to watch more of this style of hockey!

I think it's tilted so much that the Oilers are the team to beat going into game 7, and I definitely did not see that coming. FLA has just collapsed.

I could honestly see the game going either way. I'll be cheering for the Oilers of course, but I think we're going to see a nail biter going to overtime.

As for the offside call, I wouldn't have challenged that. Maybe the situation room had some other video, but personally I think the cats should have had that called in their favor.

Go Oilers!!!!!!

I honestly think reviewing a goal for offsides is garbage for any team. If the linesman doesn't call it when it happens, you can't have a team play another minute in the zone, score a goal, and then say "we should have called it but we didn't, so your effort is invalid". They need to remove that challenge completely.

Also, this series so far has been amazing, I was cheering for EDM because I just want to watch more of this style of hockey!

I think it's tilted so much that the Oilers are the team to beat going into game 7, and I definitely did not see that coming. FLA has just collapsed.
I completely agree. Especially if its like you said a minute later. Its a waste of everyones time.

I could honestly see the game going either way. I'll be cheering for the Oilers of course, but I think we're going to see a nail biter going to overtime.

As for the offside call, I wouldn't have challenged that. Maybe the situation room had some other video, but personally I think the cats should have had that called in their favor.

Go Oilers!!!!!!
The situation room has angles that even the video people for the teams dont have. But from every angle they showed on tv. I just couldn't see how we are talking like a few millimeters of offsides if that. I can definitely see why it was called on the ice. But at that point if you have increase the image size by 10 times to determine if you see a white pixel or not just let it go impo.

Rooting for the Panthers. I see this going one of three ways. Either the oilers or panthers just take the game over. Or it goes into Overtime or multiple. And honestly if it goes into Overtime. Ill be okay even if the Panthers lose. Its been a hell of a series and nobody can argue that. And I didn't expect it to go 3-0 and then 3-3. I thought it was going to be like 1-1 3-1 or 2-2 stuff like that.

You would be surprised the number of Flames fans still cheering for Tkachuk despite his demanding a trade, sticking them with Hubradeau, triggering Gadreau to leave the team, and forcing complete rebuild. Go figure! 🤣
Honestly Im just glad the refs stayed out of this game for the most part. And the few calls they did make had no affect. People were already crawling out of their holes and rocks to blame the refs from both teams. And Im not saying there werent some missed calls or some bad calls. I really think people forget we all have the luxury of instant replay and a billion camera angles to see everytime. There are 2 refs on the ice with a game like hockey moving so fast. Shits gonna be missed. But Im thankful for them staying mostly out of this game seven!

Congrats Panthers! Such a great finals, especially as a neutral fan who just got to enjoy it!

Now break up that Panthers team!

Sports - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023-24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back