• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (8 Viewers)

I'm not entirely sure what changed, but Autologin has been working fine up until about an hour ago. But now every time I try to log in a character or profile, the characters never make it past the EULA screen. I can still log them in manually, but using Autologin profiles just stalls out at the EULA screen.

I've tried multiple profiles, rebooting, creating new profiles, etc, but it's the same for all of them.

Anyone know a workaround or solution? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything similar (other than the tinfoil hat thread that was locked)

Thanks brainiac. Looks like it had somehow turned off, maybe when I just patched? logging a toon in manually and reactivating it fixed it. I appreciate your help
You can also enable it at the login screen via the console (keybind is ctrl+` - the key next to the 1 key)

Half of my toons are logging in now from the Profile Screen. This only started after the change to the GUI. How do I fix this. It appears that 5 of the 8 toons in the profile are all trying to login my Monk and when it sees that there is a mismatch in the name it just crashes and doesn't login anyone (obviously). Do I have to delete the profile and rebuild it. I tried to just edit each of the ones with the wrong login data but then it will not let me use the auto login on that particular toon. Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Has anyone got the new version working with ISBoxer? If I use the Load Legacy option then every profile I select loads to the wrong account. I've then deleted all the characters/profiles/accounts from the GUI manually and logged in manually for the data to be captured. Now when I use ISBoxer autologin is inactive (i.e. doesnt enter passwords). I can select each toon manually from the autlologin box at the top but defeats the object really...

Has anyone got the new version working with ISBoxer? If I use the Load Legacy option then every profile I select loads to the wrong account. I've then deleted all the characters/profiles/accounts from the GUI manually and logged in manually for the data to be captured. Now when I use ISBoxer autologin is inactive (i.e. doesnt enter passwords). I can select each toon manually from the autlologin box at the top but defeats the object really...
mine works as expected with isboxer (on 3 diff pcs with 3 different setups), but i'll be getting away from isb for some other isb issue

mine works as expected with isboxer (on 3 diff pcs with 3 different setups), but i'll be getting away from isb for some other isb issue
Hmm thanks Sic. I have identical issue on 3 different PC's! Would be good to hear your experience coming off ISB, I would love to do that as only use really for full screen emulation and fast session switching.

Hmm thanks Sic. I have identical issue on 3 different PC's! Would be good to hear your experience coming off ISB, I would love to do that as only use really for full screen emulation and fast session switching.
yeah exactly same usecase here - i'd love if MQ allowed the "borderless windowed" that isb does - isb does some fancy resizing in a container.

the new autologin's hotkeys seem to work well so far

isb keeps doing this ghost process thing where isb won't launch after camping a toon out without a reboot - used isb for A LOT of years - their support always tells me to go and fuck myself, and just tired of additional layer of annoyance.

one benefit of it tho is being able to hotkey swap if i mass unload mq (which i do a couple times a day working on stuff that requires rebuilding of different flavors)

Half of my toons are logging in now from the Profile Screen. This only started after the change to the GUI. How do I fix this. It appears that 5 of the 8 toons in the profile are all trying to login my Monk and when it sees that there is a mismatch in the name it just crashes and doesn't login anyone (obviously). Do I have to delete the profile and rebuild it. I tried to just edit each of the ones with the wrong login data but then it will not let me use the auto login on that particular toon. Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Unless you had an issue with the autologin plugin not loaded and the eula not being skipped, you're posting in the wrong thread.

How screwed am I?

I only found one reference so far from an update:

Feb 13, 2024:
- test: Updated for latest patch
- Completely revamped the autologin interface and storage
- MQ's context menu is now driven by imgui
- Added an extendable window gui to MQ
- login profiles and character management is now driven through the main gui
- removed sessions and replaced station names with single-entry profiles
- passing the profile name to /login will load the first character in the profile
- removed the autologin ini, replaced with sqlite db that can be copied across computers
- a master pass has been added to provide encryption for account passwords _only_
- the user will be prompted for a master password at first startup on a computer
- the master password will be stored locally outside of the db (in the registry)
- if the autologin plugin is running, logging in a new account will store the account name and associated characters in the database
- manually editing the server list mapping is no longer needed (it is auto detected the first time you see that server in your list)

Which key, praytell, in the registry is the master pass stored?
Guessing it might be encrypted in which case it does not matter.

Better Q - Can I change it?
No matter what generic pass I try on it, I can't seem to crack it thus far.

1711214975266.png

Any additional info for options I might have would be appreciated.

Took a little to realize my post was moved - I'm logged into EQ successfully now.
Unsure how to change the master pass, regardless, I have set it to not expire.
1711217466388.png

The username and/or password were not valid please try again. Please note. Until now everquest passwords could differ from other games/services. As part of the process of moving over to the new everquest login, all access has been consolidated into a single username /password per account. This is a new error for me maybe its my new pc possibly antivirus?

The username and/or password were not valid please try again. Please note. Until now everquest passwords could differ from other games/services. As part of the process of moving over to the new everquest login, all access has been consolidated into a single username /password per account. This is a new error for me maybe its my new pc possibly antivirus?
you should try to login to your account and if it is invalid, do the pw reset

ah, this is about mq2autologin? because it sounded like an eq problem (and wasn't posted in autologin).

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

I'll merge this

Just in the last few hours, all of my chars get to the login and it says the password is incorrect on every one.

I have checked the config and the passwords are set correct for the accounts and when I manually enter the password the chars login fine.

So, not certain why it stopped working all of a sudden?

Additional: If I just go to Auto Login: Account, right click and Launch Client & Login then the password works but it is not working when selecting a character on that account.

Last edited:
Hi

I've returned after a few years and noticed the UI for the autologin is now different.

The guides on here for setting up your chars are as I remember (white a whitebackground) but now when right clicking on the MQ2 Icon i'm getting prompted to 'open config' which takes me too an autologin drop down with accounts, characters, profiles & settings.

Is this the new way of setting up profile or can I revert back to the previous method as per the youtube guides/videos.

Just in the last few hours, all of my chars get to the login and it says the password is incorrect on every one.

I have checked the config and the passwords are set correct for the accounts and when I manually enter the password the chars login fine.

Additional: If I just go to Auto Login: Account, right click and Launch Client & Login then the password works but it is not working when selecting a character on that account.

also had this happen very suddenly. was working fine when i got on and updated, worked for multiple restarts tonight. after a dc it just stopped working and giving the incorrect password error. even after trying to update the passwords in mq it gives the same error

The old ui is gone. It was such a shit show before. No longer. Rejoice!

also had this happen very suddenly. was working fine when i got on and updated, worked for multiple restarts tonight. after a dc it just stopped working and giving the incorrect password error. even after trying to update the passwords in mq it gives the same error
You’re “me too”-ing on another post that doesn’t have any connection to yours so I am now confused

Did you ignore the dialog that set the initial password? It would’ve been 30 days since setup and you didn’t check the box to never remind you again

Go into the autologin settings and retrieve your password

You’re “me too”-ing on another post that doesn’t have any connection to yours so I am now confused

Did you ignore the dialog that set the initial password? It would’ve been 30 days since setup and you didn’t check the box to never remind you again

Go into the autologin settings and retrieve your password
i dont know what you mean about it not being connected. but your response doesnt seem connected to my comment either so i think were getting mixxed up somehow

what i think me and the person i quoetd are describing is that everything was working normally earlier today
now when we try to load in our teams with autologin, all of our clients are saying the passwords are incorrect.

i tried updating my passwords for each account again but i still got the same error (but if i log in with that info on a regular client it logs in - passwords are correct)

Last edited:
oh i see how your comment is connected to mine now! i hadnt been getting any prompts for a master password but when i went into settings i saw the set and retrieve options for password that you mentioned. i used those and now its all happy again. Didnt really know what you meant about ignoring the dialogue. Thank you for your help!

oh i see how your comment is connected to mine now! i hadnt been getting any prompts for a master password but when i went into settings i saw the set and retrieve options for password that you mentioned. i used those and now its all happy again. Didnt really know what you meant about ignoring the dialogue. Thank you for your help!

Sorry when I read your post I thought you were talking about the master password prompt that appears after the password expires, because that is what everybody has been talking about recently. When the new system was set up about ~30 days ago, there is an option to prompt every 30 days, but some people just clicked through and missed it.

Also apologies because my previous post was from my phone and my reply was terse as a result.

The old ui is gone. It was such a shit show before. No longer. Rejoice!
I was using the new UI with all of this and I had the master password set to never expire so it has not asked me for it. Like I said I could login with an account but not with a character.

Update: I did the new MQ patch from last night and it asked me for master password even though I had it checked to save password forever. I entered that and now it appears to be working again.

Last edited:
Wrong forum
Hey all, seeing if any thoughts what I could be missing. Got a new laptop, everything works great on it except for auto log on, I run 3 computers and the set up is the same for all, when I hit a group to log on on the new machine I get " failed to launch one or more everquest instances. eqgame.exe does not exist at "toon name" (server)(profile group), set from eq installs

have tried under path "default", same thing, have type in the path (and copy and pasted) and no go, the path matches the other 2 machines as well
EQ is default install
RG is default install

Have set it up exactly as the other 2 machines,
What could I be over looking?
thx as always

Attempting to start boxing on 2 PC's and trying to get all my login settings to transfer over with my launcher, is there a thread I can find that will show a howto? Ive searched just not finding anything

Attempting to start boxing on 2 PC's and trying to get all my login settings to transfer over with my launcher, is there a thread I can find that will show a howto? Ive searched just not finding anything

You should just be able to copy over the login.db from the config folder, and set the same master password to use the auto login.

Hi guys, having same issue when selecting Characters to load, seems its inputting incorrect PW into the Login field? Been having to use load Accounts route.
EDIT: After past 5 days, now the Account login PW's were suddenly changed just now with jumble of ??v's^ etc.

Attachments

• 2024-03-23rd-autologin-characters-account2.png
    2024-03-23rd-autologin-characters-account2.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well I can login manually but none of the groups will auto login since they all appear to be using the same username (on the character select list). They all worked fine before the new settings appeared but I don't see a way of correcting it?

Hi all,
I am coming back from a break and just getting my group started back up! I noticed the MQ button and the MQ UI is different, looks more refined. Anyhow, is there a YouTube video on how this works now? Here are some pics I am talking about. I am trying to get auto boot set up. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-04-02 133747.pngScreenshot 2024-04-02 133824.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm sure I've missed something, but with the old UI if i loaded up all my toons, and then swapped a toon the key shortcut would continue to work for that EQGame client window I.E. i load my WAR under ctrl + shift + 1 and then camp and load a shaman on that account, ctrl + shift + 1 would then still work as a shortcut for the shaman.

After the new UI was released, it now stops using that keyboard shortcut once I've camped. I also can't re-use the same shortcut across multiple characters per account. Is there a setting that allows me to assign ctrl+shift+1 to an account or a game window rather than a character?

Thanks,
Zero

I'm wondering the same thing. Was way more convenient when switching characters.

I've found that if you click the mq icon and click on the group profile you put your character in and use shift+left click on the play button, then it will use the hot key you have assigned. It changes the character status from blue to green.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

• D
  • Psy
  • Mugly
Back