• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - if you were to start 6 classes to group today what would you start? (2 Viewers)

JoeDeltona

RedCents
945¢
Hi Friends,
Been gone for awhile since they banned my mage in Jan. Also they still have my cleric on suspension. I tried to petition but no response. I am afraid to play my other accounts and have them banned too. Anyway I am going to start 6 new accounts and play from level 1. I just wanted your opinion on which 6 classes you would start today if you had to.

Thanks

SK, SHM, BRD, RNG, BER, MAG

You didn't specify for min/maxing so this is just the classes particularly enjoy. But I've never made a ROG, so would swamp that with BER maybe.

SK,shm,brd,bst,mnk,mnk if playing with gold accounts. I play without the cwtn plugins, and messing with spells while leveling up is just a pain in the arse. I've abandoned most of my casters because that gets annoying.

SK,clr,brd,bst,mage,nec if playing with ftp accounts. With ftp, the pets make it manageable, and I prefer a cleric for better healing.

My current group is Shd, Shm, Brd, Bst, Monk, Rogue. Absolutely love it. I'm not certain why but i have an aversion to zerkers. I don't mind grouping with one, but the idea of making one just doesn't sit with me. I'll post my DPS numbers at some point if people want to see it.

SHM Has been my main since 2001. Easily capable of handling the healing In any group contact. Especially when paired with...
PAL A very solid tank, Can almost handle the healing role at the same time, not quite but almost. If fighting undead, is like adding another DPS class. Can be a high elf redhead.
DRU I like having a porter. Can do decent DPS if that's all they get up to
MAG You know why.
BRD see above
ROG Somebody's got to deliver some DPS

Until recently, this was my daily driver. This group is quite durable, if a bit light on teh deeps. I always had fun with it. Half of it caught a ban in the wave before last, end up pretty much hung up EQ because of that. And because I've been putting off BG3 And wanted to see what the fuss was about

SHM Has been my main since 2001. Easily capable of handling the healing In any group contact. Especially when paired with...
PAL A very solid tank, Can almost handle the healing role at the same time, not quite but almost. If fighting undead, is like adding another DPS class. Can be a high elf redhead.
DRU I like having a porter. Can do decent DPS if that's all they get up to
MAG You know why.
BRD see above
ROG Somebody's got to deliver some DPS

Until recently, this was my daily driver. This group is quite durable, if a bit light on teh deeps. I always had fun with it. Half of it caught a ban in the wave before last, end up pretty much hung up EQ because of that. And because I've been putting off BG3 And wanted to see what the fuss was about
Love the name red goose <3 sorry about your toons

I just made my 5th and 6th accounts today, because I am starting a 6 toon group and learning the ways of MQ/RG/KA/etc...

I always favor casters at first, so my group is SHD/CLR/ENC/BST/WIZ/MAG. Covers all the bases decently, and while probably not ideal for min/max calcs or whatever, it lets 5 dark elves run around with a giant cat and her pet tiger.

On a "L2 macro" basis, having a couple pet casters, an enchanter, wizzie travel, etc gives me things to learn about group botting. Next group will be the melees and a BRD replacing the ENC for utility, but we'll cross that bridge when I get the caster clique to a decent amount of accomplishment.

I've been really happy with my setup of SK, SHM, BRD, BL, Mage and Monk. Can do everything, COH, double invis, mez, awesome buffs, and my DPS is crazy good. People are sleeping on Monks and their DPS.

No one runs dble Zerker or dble Mage any more?
I am currently running, War, Bard, Shm, Bst, zerk x 2
and SK, Cleric, Shm, Ench, Mage x2
Should I change this up?

Should I change this up?
Yep drop a zerker and add a RNG or ROG. Hell even a MAG at that point just to be able to COTH your group

What I have have found by searching the forums ... at least for single groups...

SK > Pal / War | CLR = SHM (preferential) | Brd =/= Ench | BST | BER | Rog / Monk (Monk as of late has been gaining) Which is much like my SHD / CLR / BRD / BER / BST / ROG group.. which is very efficient.

My take on it has always been FUN/Enjoyment > All else. How high a level do you feel you'll really be going? I've yet to really get a team to 100. Additionally, I enjoy making the team, building it up from nothing and getting it working. Once the grind shows up.. i tend to loose interest. Commitment issues.

My next endeavor is going to be theme based.. all gnomes... all undead (SK / Necrox4+heal?) Not to sure... I did start a mage based group, I couldn't commit to 4x mage... I had to add an enchanter. But the healer is a shaman, so all characters can have a pet.

Straight up Best DPS and Synergy is by a clear margin: SHD, SHM, BRD, ROG, BER, BST

But you also need to think about utility and easy of getting around, and Tradeskills.

You need One Gnome - for Tinkering, One Shammy for Alchemy, One Rog for Poison.
If you dont have a MAG - then your going to miss COTH
If you dont have a WIZ/DRU your going to miss ports.

So I would probably make a Gnome Mage and drop the BER

You can live without Ports in the Modern game. POK Books are almost as good.

What I have have found by searching the forums ... at least for single groups...

SK > Pal / War | CLR = SHM (preferential) | Brd =/= Ench | BST | BER | Rog / Monk (Monk as of late has been gaining) Which is much like my SHD / CLR / BRD / BER / BST / ROG group.. which is very efficient.

My take on it has always been FUN/Enjoyment > All else. How high a level do you feel you'll really be going? I've yet to really get a team to 100. Additionally, I enjoy making the team, building it up from nothing and getting it working. Once the grind shows up.. i tend to loose interest. Commitment issues.

My next endeavor is going to be theme based.. all gnomes... all undead (SK / Necrox4+heal?) Not to sure... I did start a mage based group, I couldn't commit to 4x mage... I had to add an enchanter. But the healer is a shaman, so all characters can have a pet.

If you are wanting to try a pet group with mages, Id suggest 2x MAG, NEC, BST, SHM, ENC.

Bounce the mobs between 2x mage pets and let the NEC pet DPS. BST pet as backup pet tank.

Ive tried this and it is quite fun and funny to watch.

There is something within EQ for bouncing a mob between pets and it sometimes equals less dmg ive seen.

Should I change this up?
I run with 2 zerkers in my group.

Paladin, berserker, berserker, bard, beatlord, cleric.

sorry about your toons
Thanks mang. It's the risk we take! And they didn't get my shaman, which you would've seriously bummed to me out. When I inevitably spin up a new group, i'll have to roll a new shaman 'cause there's no way I'm putting my old favorite toon at risk like that again!

You can live without Ports in the Modern game. POK Books are almost as good.
You super can. Books and items with clicky ports and assorted abilities like origin and i don't know what all. Still, it's convenient and handy and I just like one. It's worth it to me to give up the fractional optimization for the convenience

You can make any group you want, *I always have a shaman* fine, add one.. its more about what your planning on doing. Shm, Bst and Sk all very popular, ton of AAs. If your going to mess around and wander through old content (pre 100), id say include a cleric.. but if your going mordern group, meh.

I box raid, so when i make a new group, its (swap 1 and ready to raid), or (i made these 6 to fill in holes).. so its very much what your intent it.

IRL - if you were to start 6 classes to group today what would you start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back