• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Map (1 Viewer)

I am wondering this morning mq2map was working under my SK and now see nothing i have reloaded it and make sure setrtings are set to show all my other charcs can see everything just not my sk any ideas what might be wrong?
Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

WIth all the recent speculation as to why characters might get banned, I was wondering, is it possible to disable the map "hack" that shows all the mobs on the map? If so, how would I go about disabling this feature so it doesn't even load on the autologin? Thanks.

I am re-wording this entire post:
I have an old computer and a new computer. Both have EQ and MQ. On both I have and use MQ2Map. I have copied MQ2Map.ini from the old computer to the new computer. When I log in on Toon1 on the old computer the map looks like I want. When I log in on Toon1 on the new computer, the map looks different. It is not that the MQ2Map plugin does not work at all, I just see different things. On the old computer I see mobs and their con colors. On the new computer I do not. I have copied the old MQ2Map.ini to the new computer. I have unloaded and loaded the plugin. I have checked the settings and it says "NPC show" and "NPCConColor show". I have the same EQ map buttons pressed. The same layers are visible, and so on. Everything is identical, still I see different things on the maps. Any ideas? Any advice?

Never mind! I just read that having NAMED set to show, hides all other NPCs. Problem solved. Move along, nothing to see here!

Last edited:
hi all,
sorry if this has been asked before but...

could somebody give an example of the command to show certain mobs

I am finding that there is just too much data on the map so cant see anything

/mapfilter npc hide takes them off so you can see the map, but that doesent help, because then cant see any mobs

so I was hoping to for example

/mapfilter wolf show
to show all mobs with wolf in their name.. that doesent work, so what is the correct syntax to do something like that please

hi all,
sorry if this has been asked before but...

could somebody give an example of the command to show certain mobs

I am finding that there is just too much data on the map so cant see anything

/mapfilter npc hide takes them off so you can see the map, but that doesent help, because then cant see any mobs

so I was hoping to for example

/mapfilter wolf show
to show all mobs with wolf in their name.. that doesent work, so what is the correct syntax to do something like that please
/mapfilter custom wolf

Plugin - MQ2Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Back