• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (1 Viewer)

First time i've ever posted a question. I asked in mq2melee forum, a question about mq2melee and i get reprimanded? Where do i posted questions?
you didn't, i merged it / moved it to mq2melee and let you know that you posted in the wrong location. you posted in "Questions, Problems, and Bugs"

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

I'm having trouble getting my rogue to use its sneak attack ability. I have hide sneak backstab strike and assassinate all set to 1. I'm not in combat, it uses hide & sneak, both are successful, I wait several seconds, much longer than required to activate the sneak attack abilities, have 100% endurence, then target a mob and /killthis. The rogue moves into position, sitcks behind the target, starts attacking but never used any of the sneak attack abilities.
What am I doing wrong? strikemode is set to 0, so it's not like i have some garbage strikemode command messing it up
INI:
[MQ2Melee]
assassinate=1
backstab=1
disarm=0
enrage=0
escape=20
evade=1
facing=1
hide=1
infuriate=0
melee=1
pickpocket=0
plugin=1
pothealover=0
range=40
resume=75
sneak=1
standup=1
stickbreak=1
stickrange=150
strike=1
thiefeye=20

Hey Guys! Still kinda new here. Have a 120 War i'm working on leveling up in my group of 125s. the zone we're in 1 hits him haha. I'm trying to figure out how to have my Warrior assist for DPS only, and not pull agro. I went into his SERVERNAME_TOONNAME.INI and under the Melee section changed what i thought were the "Taunting" Items to zero. He still pulls agro from my maxed SK and gets one rounded, LOL.
I'll copy and paste my Melee section below, can anyone help me fine tune it? Not sure if it's better to just use Melee, Kiss Assist, or the CWTN Plugin. I have Plenty of CWTN packages ive paid for, but not really good at edditing INIs etc yet. Dont roast me too hard please!

[MQ2Melee]
aggro=0
bash=1
callchallenge=0
commanding=20
defense=20
disarm=1
enrage=1
facing=1
fieldarm=20
gutpunch=1
infuriate=0
kick=1
kneestrike=1
melee=1
opportunisticstrike=20
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
pothealover=0
provoke1=34027
provokeend=20
provokemax=0
provokeonce=0
resume=75
stickbreak=1
stickrange=75
taunt=0
version=8.802

Does anyone know what is needed to get a Ranger to stop using Jolting Kick disc? Already have jltkicks=0

As far as I know, setting jltkicks=0 is correct.

The check is for how much endurance the character has before trying to use the ability, with a 0 being turned off.

I would suggest double checking what other plugins are loaded that also do combat.

Even go as far as double checking edit the correct file for the setting changes etc. servername_charname.ini

Then there is, in game, /melee save
Doing that, the file date time should update.

I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I am noticing since hitting 125 on my warrior, he is still auto using Primal Defense instead of the newest version, Vigorous Defense. Is there a simple fix for this? Through some researching, I was able to trace this most likely to the .ini file mq2melee uses but I have not been able to make any changes that do anything in game.

Thanks for any help here!

I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I am noticing since hitting 125 on my warrior, he is still auto using Primal Defense instead of the newest version, Vigorous Defense. Is there a simple fix for this? Through some researching, I was able to trace this most likely to the .ini file mq2melee uses but I have not been able to make any changes that do anything in game.

Well without knowing what is actually doing it it is impossible to tell you.

If it is mq2 melee then the discussion should be in the mq2 melee thread which I'm going to merge us over to that.

Mq2 melee has a lot of problems which results in it not being maintained. I maintained it for a while but there were design choices years ago that mean when you update certain abilities it actually changes the expected behavior unbeknownst to the user.

Unfortunately this isn't something you can just change in your ini file.

I would recommend not using mq2 melee and use something else instead

Hello

Following on from what Sic has mentioned, i'll explain this in two parts.

Before I do though I acknowledge what Sic has said about mq2melee not being used much nowadays. Many have turned it off in KissAssist and configure KA directly to use abilities they wish. Or indeed, gone further to CWTN paid plugins. There isn't that much demand for it.

But.. just in case, I wish to give the details.....

The first part,

The ini file is used to kind of enable / disable the use of an ability line. Paraphrase Yoda; "there is do, there is do not". Turn on/off taunts, harmtouch etc.

In game play, mq2melee is aware of what is turned on and looks to see what abilities the toon has that it's aware of and triggers it, that is to say activates that ability.

The mq2melee plugin has hard coded information about the abilities that are in the game accurate to that point of plugin development. (my last round of updates to the plugin were for ToL I think, with the new level 120 abilities ).

if there is a change to these abilities, e.g. expansion release upgrades ( as you mention, "Vigorous" upgrade for "Primal" Defense ), or, DBG patch and remove / consolidate things ; then there is code change required.

Multiply the complexity;
- each ability needs updating.
- each class has several abilities to update
- there are several classes covered by mq2melee

Broadly, this can be straight forward exercise of collecting the information and applying it to the code. In the majority of cases there isn't an issue but as Sic touched on, there have been a handful where the ability upgrade changed game mechanics ( as opposed made numbers bigger !) and so need to review each on its own merits. [ Side thought - was it ranger or monk? not important here ].

The second part,

Above, I've talked the theory and so now will touch on the plugin source code, using this specific warrior defense line as the example.

The code has abilities defined at these three points, with regards the Warrior 'Defense' line:-
- https://github.com/RedGuides/MQ2Melee/blob/master/MQ2Melee.cpp#L302-L304
- https://github.com/RedGuides/MQ2Melee/blob/master/MQ2Melee.cpp#L1664
- https://github.com/RedGuides/MQ2Melee/blob/master/MQ2Melee.cpp#L3634

There would need to be additions at line 304, for the details of 'Primal Defense' by its number and ranks etc.
The ability names also need to get added to the long list at line 1664
The short names get inserted at the front of the list on line 3634, to give a priority order.

That would address warriors defense.

Regards and Best Wishes

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back