• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.
Resource icon

Lua - Player Targ (1 Viewer) v2.01

Grim, what do you use for your casting bar (to see the spells being cast)? As I'm changing to use more of your UI elements, its something I noticed I do not see now. This is likely due to my old Vert UI having a Target window and casting bar with spell name showing under it. Since I'm covering it with Player Targ, I'm not sure where to bring a casting bar up.

Out of curiousity, any idea why some of this text is blurry (target name,etc) and some is clearer (target hp%, player level, its sharper than the screenshot shows)? Is it a windows scaling thing? Thanks !

View attachment 62883
I was reading about imgui, and it being implemented in other apps (as a general x-plat ui choice), and folks were saying that the default font for it has terrible anti-aliasing which makes it look blurry, I wonder if it was related to that? They suggested changing the font to a proper windows font since then the proper windows handling can kick in, or something.

Grim, what do you use for your casting bar (to see the spells being cast)? As I'm changing to use more of your UI elements, its something I noticed I do not see now. This is likely due to my old Vert UI having a Target window and casting bar with spell name showing under it. Since I'm covering it with Player Targ, I'm not sure where to bring a casting bar up.
currently i haven't written one but i could whip one up pretty fast. =)

I was reading about imgui, and it being implemented in other apps (as a general x-plat ui choice), and folks were saying that the default font for it has terrible anti-aliasing which makes it look blurry, I wonder if it was related to that? They suggested changing the font to a proper windows font since then the proper windows handling can kick in, or something.
there is a way to change all imgui fonts, from mqconsole --> windows --> imgui demo --> tools --> StyleEditor
they have to be prebuilt first. if i can figure out how to just change one window's i will attempt to add it.

there is a way to change all imgui fonts, from mqconsole --> windows --> imgui demo --> tools --> StyleEditor
they have to be prebuilt first. if i can figure out how to just change one window's i will attempt to add it.
Thanks for chiming in, this actually solves the issue and I have no problem changing fonts in other windows off the top of my head. Going to play around with it.

Well I am starting to setup my boxing using more of ImGui interfaces after watching your vid (Lazarus).
I am running into trouble with PlayerTarg, it is crashing right off the start.

Screenshot 2024-08-04 085734.png

I checked the settingss that were created (not having run this before) and confirmed that there was a value for iconSize.

Settings.Lua:
return {
    ['PlayerTarg'] = {
        ['Scale'] = 1,
        ['LoadTheme'] = 'Default',
        ['locked'] = false,
        ['SplitTarget'] = false,
        ['showXtar'] = false,
        ['ColorHPMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.992,
            [2] = 0.138,
            [3] = 0.138,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorHPMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.551,
            [2] = 0.207,
            [3] = 0.962,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorMPMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.231,
            [2] = 0.707,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorMPMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.6,
            [2] = 0.231,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorBreathMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.6,
            [2] = 0.231,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorBreathMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.231,
            [2] = 0.707,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['BreathLocked'] = false,
        ['ShowTitleBreath'] = false,
        ['EnableBreathBar'] = false,
        ['DynamicHP'] = false,
        ['DynamicMP'] = false,
        ['FlashBorder'] = true,
        ['MouseOver'] = false,
        ['WinTransparency'] = 1,
        ['ProgressSize'] = 10,
        ['pulseSpeed'] = 5,
        ['combatPulseSpeed'] = 10,
        ['iconSize'] = 26,
        ['ProgressSizeTarget'] = 30,
        ['doPulse'] = true,
    },
}

I've confirmed that all player windows are open, stopped any running Lua/mac, and tested with default UI.
After that, I'm at a loss.

I could use your help as I figure it's something with my setup (or you would have heard before now). 🤭

Thank you in advance and great VID on the Lazarus server. It's my fav emu.

- M

Well I am starting to setup my boxing using more of ImGui interfaces after watching your vid (Lazarus).
I am running into trouble with PlayerTarg, it is crashing right off the start.

View attachment 63812

I checked the settingss that were created (not having run this before) and confirmed that there was a value for iconSize.

Settings.Lua:
return {
    ['PlayerTarg'] = {
        ['Scale'] = 1,
        ['LoadTheme'] = 'Default',
        ['locked'] = false,
        ['SplitTarget'] = false,
        ['showXtar'] = false,
        ['ColorHPMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.992,
            [2] = 0.138,
            [3] = 0.138,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorHPMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.551,
            [2] = 0.207,
            [3] = 0.962,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorMPMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.231,
            [2] = 0.707,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorMPMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.6,
            [2] = 0.231,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorBreathMin'] = {
            [1] = 0.6,
            [2] = 0.231,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['ColorBreathMax'] = {
            [1] = 0.231,
            [2] = 0.707,
            [3] = 0.938,
            [4] = 1,
        },
        ['BreathLocked'] = false,
        ['ShowTitleBreath'] = false,
        ['EnableBreathBar'] = false,
        ['DynamicHP'] = false,
        ['DynamicMP'] = false,
        ['FlashBorder'] = true,
        ['MouseOver'] = false,
        ['WinTransparency'] = 1,
        ['ProgressSize'] = 10,
        ['pulseSpeed'] = 5,
        ['combatPulseSpeed'] = 10,
        ['iconSize'] = 26,
        ['ProgressSizeTarget'] = 30,
        ['doPulse'] = true,
    },
}

I've confirmed that all player windows are open, stopped any running Lua/mac, and tested with default UI.
After that, I'm at a loss.

I could use your help as I figure it's something with my setup (or you would have heard before now). 🤭

Thank you in advance and great VID on the Lazarus server. It's my fav emu.

- M
Ack I'm out camping till tomorrow. I will dig into that when I get home and have my laptop.

Try this. At line 173 I. The init.Lua

Change
Old line 173:
iconSize = settings[script].IconSize
To this

Newcode:
iconSize = settings[script].iconSize

Looks like I had a capital I instead of a lowercase.

You could also change the variable in the settings to be a capital I instead as well. Either should work.

Lua - Player Targ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back