• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There is a suspension wave happening, we're still gathering information. Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (1 Viewer)

MQ2EasyFind does not seem to be able to find its way out of Tirranun's Delve (delveb). As far as I can tell, the issue seems to be that MQ2Nav cannot navigate to the door that needs to be clicked in order to exit Tirranun's Delve. If I make the following changes to the door's position, I am able to navigate to the door and MQ2EasyFind is able to travel between zones. I am not sure how to get these changes to stick though. Changing the transform that corresponds to the /loc of the door in the doors.json file does not seem to work. It gets overwritten every time I zone or reload MQ2Nav.1720499548616.png

Also, there seems to be a similar problem going the other direction. MQEasyFind appears to be able to find a path from delvea to delveb, but it gets stuck running into the door and never actually zones. I was able to get this one to work by making these adjustments to the door position in MQ2Nav.
1720499879881.png

You're not meant to be changing those.

Sounds like your issue is that easyfind isn't configured for that zone connection.
You are correct that MQ2EasyFind was not configured for that zone connection. However, that is a different issue, which I posted a fix for in the MQ2EasyFind thread here. The MQ2EasyFind fix does not work though without the changes I listed above. In delveb, the door is not on the nav mesh. In delvea, the door is on the mesh, but the location for the door is basically on the far side of the the door so your character cannot actually reach the door when trying to navigate to it.

The only way I was able to get these two zone connections to work properly was to configure the connection in ZoneConnections.yaml for MQ2EasyFind and to change the locations of the doors in the MQ2Nav debug UI. If we are not meant to change these locations, what is the proper method for resolving this issue of unreachable doors?

You are correct that MQ2EasyFind was not configured for that zone connection. However, that is a different issue, which I posted a fix for in the MQ2EasyFind thread here. The MQ2EasyFind fix does not work though without the changes I listed above. In delveb, the door is not on the nav mesh. In delvea, the door is on the mesh, but the location for the door is basically on the far side of the the door so your character cannot actually reach the door when trying to navigate to it.

The only way I was able to get these two zone connections to work properly was to configure the connection in ZoneConnections.yaml for MQ2EasyFind and to change the locations of the doors in the MQ2Nav debug UI. If we are not meant to change these locations, what is the proper method for resolving this issue of unreachable doors?
Did you edit the mesh so it is reachable?

Did you edit the mesh so it is reachable?
In delveb, yes. But it just created the same problem that already exists in delvea, which is that the door is on the mesh, but also the door physically blocks your character from reaching the loc that is listed in the MQ2Nav debug UI. So your character will reach the door, but will just continue running into it without clicking because it is trying to get to the other side.

In delveb, yes. But it just created the same problem that already exists in delvea, which is that the door is on the mesh, but also the door physically blocks your character from reaching the loc that is listed in the MQ2Nav debug UI. So your character will reach the door, but will just continue running into it without clicking because it is trying to get to the other side.

Thats an easyfind issue. You need to specify the location to run to. If you just tell it to go to a door/switch it will run it. If its really big or if its origin is off center, it will do that.

You can't change locations of doors. Thats not a fix.

I have a really weird issue that just started happening (Just gonna be that kinda weekend I guess). I'm on emu and whenever I use mq2nav to run to a zone line either with a wp or MQ2EasyFind they will start zoning back and forth over and over again. If I zone into the zone manually it's fine so it's def something with MQ2Nav. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Is there a way to turn off or on the 'Automatically click nearby doors' with a command? It keeps messing up the tower of tides missions when I keep going back and forth at the door, so I would like to do a hotkey to turn it off and on at will.

I will get that later tonight. I know it happens on the first floor tower mission, I keep ping-ponging back and forth through the door. Whenever I zone in I just zone back out while that is enabled. Without a command line, I guess I can set it manually off on one toon, then click my nav reset hotkey that unloads and reloads the plugins (I did this for when I need to set a waypoint on one toon, then have the same waypoint settigns on all the toons)

Just learning how to use the mesh generator. Had to add a few path for my play style in HF mission. Figured I would try to make one for my guildhall. IRC the trade-skill macro gave me issues because it couldn't navigate between containers. I see a generic mesh for the GH but dont see any way to populate it with items. Guessing I'm missing some settings somewhere?

Just learning how to use the mesh generator. Had to add a few path for my play style in HF mission. Figured I would try to make one for my guildhall. IRC the trade-skill macro gave me issues because it couldn't navigate between containers. I see a generic mesh for the GH but dont see any way to populate it with items. Guessing I'm missing some settings somewhere?
cant populate with items, you can draw no-go boxes or preferred paths

I have a really weird issue that just started happening (Just gonna be that kinda weekend I guess). I'm on emu and whenever I use mq2nav to run to a zone line either with a wp or MQ2EasyFind they will start zoning back and forth over and over again. If I zone into the zone manually it's fine so it's def something with MQ2Nav. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
I am also experiencing the same issue with using MQ2NAV on my private Emu server. Have you found any solutions?

can you provide the entries here?
Below are the relevant entries in the zoneconnections.yaml file.

FindLocations:
paineel:
- type: ZoneConnection
targetZone: warrens
warrens:
- type: ZoneConnection
targetZone: paineel

(When I posted it, the indentation created by the whitespace disappeared.)

Attachments

• Paineel2Warrens.png
    Paineel2Warrens.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Warrens2Paineel.png
    Warrens2Paineel.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back