• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

Hello all. I have a very minor issue that I"m assuming ( I know I know) is AutoLogin-

Using the latest way I click Open Config under AutoLogin. The MacroQuest box pops up, under the AutoLogin tab there is where I launch my toons. On raids as I getting a lot of video lag and I noticed for each toon you can R-click and choose CustomCharacter INI. So I was thinking I'd lower the video settings on some of the background toon and keep everything as pretty as can be on my main driver toon. Si i went through each toon I usually run in the background and setup "eqclient2.ini". Easy peasy to do and remember if I screwed something up.

But, all the toons continue to use the last video settings I adjusted. Not loading from eqclient.ini and eqclient2.ini. Not a huge deal but something I noticed.

Thanks all,

BB~

View attachment 61839
I believe this feature is reserved for future use and not currently functioning yet. I'm sure Brainiac or another mod/dev will correct me if I wrong, but that was my understanding.

Hello all. I have a very minor issue that I"m assuming ( I know I know) is AutoLogin-

Using the latest way I click Open Config under AutoLogin. The MacroQuest box pops up, under the AutoLogin tab there is where I launch my toons. On raids as I getting a lot of video lag and I noticed for each toon you can R-click and choose CustomCharacter INI. So I was thinking I'd lower the video settings on some of the background toon and keep everything as pretty as can be on my main driver toon. Si i went through each toon I usually run in the background and setup "eqclient2.ini". Easy peasy to do and remember if I screwed something up.

But, all the toons continue to use the last video settings I adjusted. Not loading from eqclient.ini and eqclient2.ini. Not a huge deal but something I noticed.

Thanks all,

BB~

View attachment 61839
That aspect is not working in that manner/if it ever will is a maybe. I asked that also a few pages back, hopefully one day it will be working. Much easier than 2 install dir.

Ahhh ok. I hadn't seen your post Frogger. Thanks you 2.

I have a secondary storage PCIE drive. Might try moving a second installaion to there and see what kinda difference that makes.

BB~

What is the current process for exporting MQ2Autologin profiles?

I am especially interested in plaintext import but some database format would be fine as well.

I just want to erase SSD on one computer and only thing that I would like to preserve is MQ2Autologin info on accounts/profiles/groups

Clicking and Right Clicking around in Open Config window does not seem to have any option for export.

I see 3 files in /next/config that might be related to autologin:

• login.db - less than 100kb not updated since february
  • login.db-wal - a few MB in sizes seems to be updated when I update character/account info in MQ2autologin - surely this is it?
  • login.db-shm - less than 100k seems to be updated whenever MQ2 is launched

I tried opening the files with SQLite browser - DB Browser.

• login.db is not a valid SQLite file
  • login.db-wal and login.db-shm asks for SQLCipher encryption key - there is no master password set, so unsure whether the files are actually SQLite files.

So how do I get my account/character info out from MQ2Autologin?

It should be login.db, DB Browser should be able to open it. Are you sure you never set a master password when initially setting up autologin after it changed a few months ago?

If it isn't encrypted, you should be able to just copy it to another MQ config folder and use it. Don't think you need to copy the -wal or -shm files with it.

It should be login.db, DB Browser should be able to open it. Are you sure you never set a master password when initially setting up autologin after it changed a few months ago?

If it isn't encrypted, you should be able to just copy it to another MQ config folder and use it. Don't think you need to copy the -wal or -shm files with it.
I clicked on retrieve password option - and got message that there is no master password.

I checked couple of computers seems like login.db has not been modified for some months which is a bit weird since I know I messed around with profiles. EDIT. it could be true.

Actually opening login.db in DB Browser - gets me the following error

Could not open database file.
Reason. malformed database schema (profile_groups_order) - near "FROM": syntax error

EDIT: Tried opening login.db from three different computers got the same error

My own sqlite files that I produce with MQ2SQLite open fine.

Will see if DBeaver gives me same error.

EDIT2: All is well, latest DBeaver opens login.db from any computer just fine. Probably an old version DB Browser is to blame.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is a way to see my passwords for my EQ accounts? A file somewhere or do i need to reset them all. I have had them saved for so long i have forgotten them.

Hello, I am new to using MacroQuest. I watched the old video guides about setting up the AutoLogin, but they show different options than what I have. Is there a guide on how to set up the AutoLogin with the new interface?

Thanks!

Wrong forum
For some reason my Autologin doesn't seem to be giving the right password on literally anything I attempt to login.

This just started yesterday. After I updated my Red Guides launcher.

It just says wrong password at every toon login whether I do 1 or 6 recent or older. Doesn't matter same result.

When I launch MQ from the RedGuides launcher, a box pops up asking to Enter Master Password. I tried entering m password for RedGuides and it says incorrect password. I've never had this happen before. Any idea what password this is asking for? How do I resolve this?
Thanks in advance!

I am trying to loggin to all 6 of my accounts. I load mq and go to settings to set the path to the EQ folder. I keep getting invalid path even though I am giving the right path.

"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest" is where it is installed but the error says "eqgame.exe" does not exist. Any solutions?

I am trying to loggin to all 6 of my accounts. I load mq and go to settings to set the path to the EQ folder. I keep getting invalid path even though I am giving the right path.

"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest" is where it is installed but the error says "eqgame.exe" does not exist. Any solutions?

this is what mine looks like - what does yours look like?

1720704967297.png

So I'm trying to figure why i cannot use a certain hotkey for one of my boxes. With the updated autologin config box you can assign hotkeys. I don't know why I can't assign Ctrl+Shift+0 and I have no way to find out which toon may have had it assigned and how to clear that hotkey combination. When I hit that combination none of my toons pop up. Since there is no longer an ini file for mq2autologin how can I track down this issue?

Should I go through all my boxes, clear their hotkeys and reassign them?

Wrong forum
My autologin was working fine and now i dont know why. when i click them to load the same way ive always done it. it just brings me to the login screen. the username and passwords dont get put in and no auto log

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

My autologin was working fine and now i dont know why. when i click them to load the same way ive always done it. it just brings me to the login screen. the username and passwords dont get put in and no auto log
are you trying to log on to an unsupported server?

I at some point accidently clicked on the program manager v1908 and clicked off mq2autologin with out knowing lol... so whenever I tried to do auto login it would just bring me to the screen and i wasn't sure why. but then i thought maybe while alt tabbing around etc. i might have clicked it off. sure enough! feel dumb asking though.

My Autologin just stopped putting in the correct password. And when I try to change it back on the account edit feature afterwards I check and it's gibberish again

My Autologin just stopped putting in the correct password. And when I try to change it back on the account edit feature afterwards I check and it's gibberish again
mine does the same thing. I deleted everything and tried to start new and now it wont save the characters when I add them.

1721915451606.png

There needs to be a new creation video on how to set this up, since things have changed.

mine does the same thing. I deleted everything and tried to start new and now it wont save the characters when I add them.

View attachment 63646

There needs to be a new creation video on how to set this up, since things have changed.
By"deleted everything" did you also delete all the stuff in the "Accounts" tab?

If so, I believe you will have to renter the account login info before you can use the add characters button

By"deleted everything" did you also delete all the stuff in the "Accounts" tab?

If so, I believe you will have to renter the account login info before you can use the add characters button
Yes, I tried to start completely fresh. It will not save my account information in order to create the characters. Is there a setting somewhere I have to check before entering information, in order to get it to save?

I hope I am not repeating previously answered questions.

Unfortunatly on 1 of 2 computers autologin from the MQ icon has disappeared. Any suggestions on how to repair this?
Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

you likely have some conflicting overlay like nahimic or overwolf

you likely have some conflicting overlay like nahimic or overwolf
Thank you very much for the info, and moving me to the right area.

Unfortunatly, I have nothing like that. So would a fresh install potentially be needed?

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back