• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (1 Viewer)

Unfortunatly, I have nothing like that. So would a fresh install potentially be needed?
"fresh install" mq isn't really "installed" like you're probably thinking of.

is MQ otherwise working? like if you right click on it do you see windows?
if so, go to Open Folder -> Config
1723116879806.png

then MacroQuest.ini
1723116908244.png

you should see "mq2autologin=1" and not blank or "mq2autologin=0" under the [Plugins] section
INI:
[Plugins]
mq2autologin=1

if you don't change that to =1

Is there any way to add a bit of delay between loading each client when you select "Launch All Starred"? I've been manually staggering my launches for a while now, but it would be really nice if it just did it by default.

The issue with all the clients opening so quickly when you use the Launch All function is it will sometimes bug out a client and load with full default settings, or reset Lua window locations. By staggering the launches by about 5 seconds between each launch prevents this from ever happening.

Is there any way to add a bit of delay between loading each client when you select "Launch All Starred"? I've been manually staggering my launches for a while now, but it would be really nice if it just did it by default.

The issue with all the clients opening so quickly when you use the Launch All function is it will sometimes bug out a client and load with full default settings, or reset Lua window locations. By staggering the launches by about 5 seconds between each launch prevents this from ever happening.

Client Launch Delay?

1723249211220.png

Hey gang, odd here, been using autologin and profiles for a year and when I logged in today... the profiles section is not being displayed on my mq options. Checked profile, autologin=1 and when I manually login, my autogroup and everything else in mq is working perfectly..... I did a repair, no change... thoughts?

1723307359698.png

Hey gang, odd here, been using autologin and profiles for a year and when I logged in today... the profiles section is not being displayed on my mq options. Checked profile, autologin=1 and when I manually login, my autogroup and everything else in mq is working perfectly..... I did a repair, no change... thoughts?

View attachment 64006
have you double checked your antivirus to ensure you dont have any quarantined files?

have you double checked your antivirus to ensure you dont have any quarantined files?
Hey thanks for the response Sic, yeah checked everything all seems fine and it is odd that MQ2 is fully functional except the profile section. All my plugins are working but as you can see from the screen shot, only the profile section is missing from MQ2, goodness what could cause that? I checked it and mq2autologin is loaded, autogroup is working also, and it is odd that only that one section on MQ2 is not active? any ideas?

Hey thanks for the response Sic, yeah checked everything all seems fine and it is odd that MQ2 is fully functional except the profile section. All my plugins are working but as you can see from the screen shot, only the profile section is missing from MQ2, goodness what could cause that? I checked it and mq2autologin is loaded, autogroup is working also, and it is odd that only that one section on MQ2 is not active? any ideas?
ok, I have disabled anti-virus, no change, the profile section does not show up on my mq2.... all the other areas are there... no profiles....

Also, when I manually log in with mq2 active, the following is in the top left corner, it indicates autologin is inactive, I have checked the mq2.ini and autologin is set =1.....

Any thoughts?
1723559568795.png

Wrong forum
I'm getting this error tonight. I put in my password say "abc" and it corrupts to random junk like: 'Z l<A6r3

I'm unable to log in, I've restarted my computer. The rest of my system seems fine right now - I don't suspect bad memory or anything at this time.

I'm also unable to add new accounts either.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and fixed/solved it?

I ended up reinstalling very vanilla MQ, it prompted me for the master password, and everything is working again with nothing corrupted. So there might be something going on where the master password expires and doesn't prompt the user to re-enter it and thus you get junk for your passwords.

ok big brained folks, I am having a problem with macroquest. I posted this before but did not get any real traction on it so going to try again with what I have done and eliminated and maybe you folks can recommend my next course of action.

Ok here is the issue, autologin profiles section is missing from my mq2:
1724875033950.png

I have used the autologin for ages and suddenly it disappeared. My group was perfectly running and now I do not get the profile section to appear. This started happening on both my laptop and my desktop.

OK what I have done to investigate:
I turned off bit defender virus and firewall tool - no effect
I checked and all my exception rules were still there in bit defender (on or off) the virus protection is not affecting my operation of Mq2 when I load my toons and group them up.
When I manually activate my eqbc server and login to everquest manually, all is good. MQ2 is fully active and all my plugins are working, my group (once manually loaded) operates exactly as before.
This is the corner display when I get the server select screen:
1724875546949.png

This is the mq2 display at character select:
1724875591370.png

when on my character, I confirm I have 46 plugins loaded, everything runs perfectly... but I do not get the option for profiles at macroquest start up.......

ANYONE HELP??????

ok big brained folks, I am having a problem with macroquest. I posted this before but did not get any real traction on it so going to try again with what I have done and eliminated and maybe you folks can recommend my next course of action.

Ok here is the issue, autologin profiles section is missing from my mq2:
View attachment 64366

I have used the autologin for ages and suddenly it disappeared. My group was perfectly running and now I do not get the profile section to appear. This started happening on both my laptop and my desktop.

OK what I have done to investigate:
I turned off bit defender virus and firewall tool - no effect
I checked and all my exception rules were still there in bit defender (on or off) the virus protection is not affecting my operation of Mq2 when I load my toons and group them up.
When I manually activate my eqbc server and login to everquest manually, all is good. MQ2 is fully active and all my plugins are working, my group (once manually loaded) operates exactly as before.
This is the corner display when I get the server select screen:
View attachment 64367

This is the mq2 display at character select:
View attachment 64368

when on my character, I confirm I have 46 plugins loaded, everything runs perfectly... but I do not get the option for profiles at macroquest start up.......

ANYONE HELP??????
did you need to re-enter your password?

I made mine "save password forever" so i don't run into that

1724877310015.png

right click on MQ in systray -> "Open Config" under autologin -> "Settings" under "AutoLogin"
yeah this is the core of the problem I think, this is my right click on mq in systray:
1724879129814.png
Only config I have is under open folder there is no autologin.... unless I am missing something...

The older date would be the last time you made any changes to it. The -shm and wal files I think are temporary files, meaning the database is being accessed by MQ currently. I would definitely check the saved password, as that has bitten me in the butt before.

The older date would be the last time you made any changes to it. The -shm and wal files I think are temporary files, meaning the database is being accessed by MQ currently. I would definitely check the saved password, as that has bitten me in the butt before.
ok folks I could not figure out how to repair it, I finally fully removed mq2 and installed from fresh and I have it fully functional again.... odd for sure.....

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back