• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Software RGManager (beta) discussion (3 Viewers) v1.6.0.0

Ok so been using for a little while daily

And even I haven't managed to break it . . . .

So from my perspective ( one that I personally pay some attention to ) its a green light job well done :)

Thanks to those that have been working it up :)
I'm glad to hear everything is going well but don't hesitate to yell at me if anything breaks and I'll get it fixed up ASAP! :)

and

OMG just looked at the maps tab - to auto install the maps into your launch directory

even that works

:)

Yeah! It installs either Good's or Brewall's directly in to your EQ directory in to their own respective folder for ease of access when switching between them in-game!

There's also a MySEQ section where you can install MySEQ, modify offsets, so on and so fourth if you use that all in-app! (The MySEQ section will also automatically install Good's maps) :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let yall know that I am currently hospitalized for dangerously low oxygen levels due to a nasty strain of COVID I've been fighting the past couple of days.

Doctors are keeping me for a day or two for observations but I should be released by this weekend at the latest so if you message me about the Manager and I haven't responded I promise I'm not ignoring you!

Big update coming next week with all the fancy MVVM instantiation and couple other bits and bobs folks have been asking for.

Once I'm out of the hospital I'll give a more detailed breakdown, thanks guys!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let yall know that I am currently hospitalized for dangerously low oxygen levels due to a nasty strain of COVID I've been fighting the past couple of days.

Doctors are keeping me for a day or two for observations but I should be released by this weekend at the latest so if you message me about the Manager and I haven't responded I promise I'm not ignoring you!

Big update coming next week with all the fancy MVVM instantiation and couple other bits and bobs folks have been asking for.

Dude... Please take care of yourself. While we all want the new manager, your health is more important.

Hey everyone!

Oh shit bro, heal up well dude

Dude... Please take care of yourself. While we all want the new manager, your health is more important.
Oh shit bro, heal up well dude
<3

I appreciate the kind words, after some medication, supplemental oxygen and being woken up every 30 minutes to read my blood oxygen levels I've been told that I should be good for release by tomorrow afternoon at the latest so crisis averted!

I'll probably take the weekend off just to rest, but we'll be back at it again next week with the new update!

Ionis updated RGManager (beta) with a new update entry:

v1.6.0.0: First half of MVVM instantiation, download structure refactor, optimization & more!

New Stuff:
-New modifier for console command resourcehandlermods: -alwaysadmin/-askforelevation which can be used to dictate whether or not the resource handler always launches with elevation
-Watching icons have been modified (by theme) to be much more apparent as to the watching status of the resource.
-You can now enable auto saving via the Application settings page! This allows the user to enable auto saving all settings on a user-determinant interval to prevent...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So...after some confusion I noticed that RGM now installs MQ in its own directory, and no longer has a setting to update a MQ install outside. Did I miss this change, and is this going to stay?

Also: get well soon, @Ionis

So...after some confusion I noticed that RGM now installs MQ in its own directory, and no longer has a setting to update a MQ install outside. Did I miss this change, and is this going to stay?

Also: get well soon, @Ionis
Hey!

The Manager should still have the capacity to install to a pre-existing directory!

You have to:
1. Go to the Settings page
2. Go to the Local Paths sub-menu page
3. In the MacroQuest Path section, input the root directory of the MQ compile (where MQ2Main.dll is located). Alternatively, you can click the file icon to open a file dialog and seek to the path.

From there, you should still be able to update a pre-existing MacroQuest compile. I have changed a significant amount of logic in the backend this patch, so there's always a possibility I missed something here so if that doesn't work for you please let me know and I'll check it out!

Software RGManager (beta) discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ionis
Back